Saturday, March 16, 2013

MOPS Consignment Sale

MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) consignment sale is one of my five most "not to be missed" sales on my agenda. 

Held twice a year in the Spring (March) and Fall (October) the sale brings together donated items and consigned items from the MOPS members.  As the name implies, there are incredible amounts of children's toys, furniture and clothing.  Along with the those items are house hold items, furniture, home decor, clothing and shoes.  This sale is not to be missed if you are in the metropolitan Phoenix area. Held indoors at the Trinity Luthern Church in Litchfield Park, the perfect venue, rain or shine.

 I would like to thank the ladies of MOPS for allowing me pre-sale access to take a few pictures.  You know how difficult it is to shop and snap pictures.  Warning...there are quite a few pictures.

Forgive the picture quality, I left my camera at home and had to rely on my trusty cell phone camera.

 Usually the tables are full of infant and toddler clothes.  This year the pickings were a bit sparse.
 Each area is clearly marked with identifying signs and sizes.

No shortage in the toys though.  Makes me wish my kids were little again.  My son would have loved that remote control dinosaur.  My pocket book would have loved the price...only $3.00.


 A little tykes basketball hoop for only $5.00

 Books priced .25 to $1.00
 I was so tempted to get this!

 More baby items.



Larger toys, baby items, strollers and rockers.


No shortage of great new and nearly new shoes.  Wish I had grabbed those pink tennis shoes!

 Collection of toiletries, purses and ball caps.  I did pick up a travel size bag of Evelyn & Crabtree Rose body wash, soap, lotion and talcum powder in the pink case for only $1.00!
 Wallets, belts, bras, socks and metal earring holder.
 Mens shorts and t-shirts.
 Men's Polo and Dress Shirts.


Women's Plus Size Clothing

 Sorry for the blurry picture...woman's miscellaneeous clothing, priced .25 to $1.00
 More Woman's clothing.  I was fortunate to dig around and find a few maternity tops for my niece for $1.00 or less.

 A few of the pictures from outside.  As I mentioned, this sale was definitely low on donations, usually the sale has three or four times as many consignments or donations.


 No shortage of Christmas decor
 This buttery yellow beauty almost came home with me for $5.00.  I just couldn't figure out a place to put her, she just needed a little tlc.

 Purchased this head band for my daughter who just cut off her hair into a Anne Hathaway/Ginnifer Goodwin style.
 These World Market chair pads came home with me for only $5.00.  Original price tags still attached, $12.99 each.  I plan on using them on my patio chairs.
I picked up a few other items that I haven't photographed yet.  Juicy Couture flip flops $1.00, six porcelain white and blue soup bowls $2.00, Dremel tool box $2.00, Pottery Barn Linen table cloth $2.00 and a set of four napkins for $1.00.

Even without as many donations as in previous years, there was no shortage of shoppers and happy customers.  I can't wait to see what the Fall Sale will bring and I plan on donating to the Trinity Lutheran MOPS, as the proceeds help fund their field trips and purchases for the class room.

Until Next Time....

Audra

No comments: