Thursday, February 7, 2013

Cleaning out my office and saying goodbye....

A gorgeous Arizona early spring day shines through my kitchen windows as I go through the boxes from my cleared out office.  My work office.  The one I painstakingly decorated with found items and pictures from home.  The very office I spent 9 hours a day in up until four months ago when the fragile thread holding on to my deteriorating health finally snapped, leaving me too sick to work.
With Buddha Lounge 2 playing in the background, I slowly unpack the boxes my husband carefully packed yesterday.  Opening Christmas and Get Well cards left on my desk by co-workers, brings back the memories of years past when I was the one delivering holiday greetings and signing get well soon for other people.  Never did I think I would be the one on the other end of the card. 
My beloved Starbucks to go cup sitting empty of it's usual hot tea, the iPod docking station silent all these months, waiting to for it's friend to plug in and listen to the eclectic playlists I have created. 

Finding places to put the extra umbrella, hot rollers and hairspray that I kept in my desk for those emergencies.

Smiling as I unwrap my Starfish and Sand Dollars and putting them with the rest of my collection.  They always cheer me up and remind me of the beach.
 
Botanical prints that use to hang on my office wall now hang in my home. 

After working for this company for nearly 16 years I have seen several people come and go, but I wasn't as upset as I thought I would be when my turn came.  Perhaps I resigned myself to the fact that I would not be going back, that my health wouldn't allow it. 

So...as I close that chapter of my life, I await the new chapters of this journey.  One that I am positive will have it's up's and down's, trials and rewards, one that will bring me closer to better health, making new friends and getting the chance to do all those things I always wanted to do "if I had the time".  

I sincerly hope you will all come along for the ride...I expect it will be a bumpy one.



Audra

4 comments:

Mel Mac said...

A new chapter has unfolded; I love your spirit to recognize it as a chance to do all of those things you always wanted to.

Wishing you lots of really great days ahead.

Kristi said...

HI Audra,
I took a looonngg blog break as well. I'm sorry to hear you are sick, but love your positive attitude of what you plan on doing, that a girl!!! Congrats on the new chapter :)
Kristi

bts building said...

I agree with you. If workplace or office will be clean, then clients and coming visitors will also impress with its clean environment. I am also a commercial cleaner and I know its importance. In my opinion, regular cleaning is best way to keep office clean for a long time.Office Cleaning Vancouver

Manar Koutb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.