Saturday, January 12, 2013

Bountiful Baskets and Blogging

I have thought about this little blog of mine for  nearly a year now.  I have missed blogging, however I didn't have the energy to continue to blog while working full time and concentrating on my health issues.

In October my body said "Enough"! and I had to stop working and go on short term disability  During this time at home, resting and recuperating I kept thinking about my blog.  Should I try to blog?  Does anyone care to read what I write?  I realized that this is my diary..a way to keep a record of what is going on in my life.

So without further ado I give you Frugal Missus...my take on trying to live fabulous on a even tighter shoe string budget.  Here's hoping you will come along for the ride.

For the past five years, I have participated off and on in a co-op called Bountiful Baskets.  For $16.50, I get $30.00 to $40.00 worth off fruit/produce.  Bountiful Baskets has grown exponentially in the past five years to include several states with multiple locations.  Check out their link to see if they are in your area.  

This weeks fruit

This weeks vegetables
I see a lovely salad made with the leafy lettuce, tomatoes, avocados and peppers.  Roasted red potatoes and steamed carrots will accompany the roasted chicken I had planned for dinner.

What's for dinner tonight at your place?

Bon Appetite!

Audra

6 comments:

Mel Mac said...

Audra, so good to see you. The food coop is a great idea; I wonder if they have any in my neck of the woods (Toronto, Canada).

Continue to mend. Continue to write; you are valued.

Alicia said...

Welcome back! Yep, I too sometimes wonder if people want to read what I write and then I remember that I started the blog for me and how much I enjoy it and I quit worrying about readers and commenters. Don't get me wrong...I love to have people read and comment on what I write, but mainly I just love to write and look back at past posts and remember good times!

Bella Michelle said...

So glad you are blogging! I also went through a time last fall when my blog kind of fell by the wayside of life but I have picked it up and so glad I did.

I will have to check out Bountiful Baskets!

BTW, the blog looks gorgeous!

Alicia said...

Thanks for commenting on the ol' blog :) I just wanted to let you know that I mentioned you in my post today as you inspired me to write about why I blog.

Beth said...

Yea! So glad your back to blogging! After Daddy died, I let my blog go, too. I recently updated...Still keeping things 'vague' until the days of my haters trying to use every. single. thing. they can get their greasy hands on against me in court are over.

Tracey McBride ~ Frugal Luxuries® said...

Audra!!! This is such good news my kind friend! Like you, we all have our real life stresses and having a blog shouldn't be one of them! As you probably can tell, I long ago made the decision to be an intermittent blogger...posting when I felt I had something relevant to say...quiet when there was no muse to urge me on...so I welcome you to the club! :)))

I LOVE this post...and the way you look at the raw ingredients is poetic as well as pragmatic! (We've been juicing at our house this past year and I see sooo many delicious drinks!!!)

Great to hear from you.
Sending love and good thoughts.

Warmly,
Tracey
x0x