Saturday, March 17, 2012

St. Patrick's Day and A Little Green...


Not being one to decorate much for the minor holiday's, especially now that my children are older, I find inspiration in the beauty and colors  of spring and bring it in around the house.  After all Mother Nature knew what she was doing when she designed, you can't go wrong with her pallet.

Here are a few touches of green I snuck in around my home.

real limes in apothecary jar.




chippy green milk bottle holder that I use to hold silverware

green leaf salad plates just waiting to be called into service

kitchen window vignette
The kitchen window looks out to a our side yard, where there is a lovely flowing shrub.  I wanted to take pictures two weeks ago when it was just beginning to bud.  I didn't...but it has nearly leafed completely out.  This is also where my husband has hung a humming bird feeder.

little fake plant and white planter from Ikea

brown paper decopaged fruit from Micheal's.  $1.00 each
 
The topiary on the left is over three feet high, one of my favorite garage sale finds.  The little one was found at Ross.

Ranunculus
Flowers bought on mark down for $1.40 at Fresh and Easy Market.  I love the color and the bunched up blooms.  Simple and non fussy, perfect for the kitchen table.

 Picked up these Royal Norfolk plates and bowls today at a yard sale.  The picture doesn't do the color justice.  They are a lovely kiwi color, just the color I was hoping to add to break up all the neutrals.
Sea grass placemats found at the Junior League Rummage Sale a couple of weeks ago.  New with tags, only .50 each. Not having a green or St. Patrick's Day inspired napkin rings I opted for these lovely bee rings I picked up three or four years ago at Target on clearence. 

Table is ready for our traditional St. Patrick's dinner, corn beef, cabbage, potatoes, and carrots.
My mouth is watering waiting for it to finish cooking.
What do you serve on St. Patrick's Day?

 I hope you enjoyed the tiny tour...I am looking forward to adding more touches of spring to my decor.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Audra

2 comments:

Marigene said...

Your table is simply lovely, Audra. I don't decorate for many holidays, either...it takes too much effort!
Enjoy your St. Paddy's meal and the rest of the weekend.

Aubrey said...

Hi old friend! I love your kitchen vignette! Your table is lovely too!