Sunday, April 17, 2011

Yard Sale Find...

Slowly easing back into things, have been down and out with flare up,
then respiratory infection and bronchitis.

To say the least I haven't been out looking at the yard sales.

Our community had their Community Garage Sale this weekend. 
I wasn't going to participate, since I was still recuperating, 
but The Teenager and Fly Guy
were so helpful to get all the tables set up and I had all of the things 
in boxes ready to be set out.

and...our HOA only allows four sales a year, January, April, July and October.  (Dang them!)

We started to set up at 5:30am and were hit hard at 6:30 am! 
Early birds...got to love them. The first group purchased nearly 1/3 of my items!

No pictures of the sale because between 6:30 to 8:30 am we sold all but a few bags of clothing.
Since I was tired and hot... it was already 84 degrees,
we backed up the clothes to take to St. Pete's RePete Boutique.

On our way by 9:00 am we hit a few sales in the neighborhood where I didn't find much.  Perfect weather, don't know why this community doesn't have more sales?

I found six of these flutes for $2.50
and this little silver clock for .50

and these silver Restoration Hardware candle holders for $5.00.
I love them tarnished, though I might polish them up later.

Headed over to Litchfield Park to St. Pete's when I saw a yard sale sign.  I detoured.
As we pull up I spied this....
Both The Teenager and I said..."OOOOH! Look at That!"
I headed over to ask the price...when I realized that one of the people running the sale is a former neighbor and father to College Diva's best friend for life.  We had a lovely time catching up and found out the sale was put on by his former neighbor who moved to Litchfield Park six years ago and now is being transferred to California.  

I asked the price on the Pagoda Bird House.  He wanted $35.00, had offered it for $25.00.  Before I could say anything, he lowered it to $20.00.  Yes, a still little bit steep, but this is over three feet high and I knew it would be a signature piece.

Besides, I love unusual bird houses and this fits the bill.

Headed to St. Pete's where I found this set of dishes for $15.00!

29 pieces for $15.00!
They look great with the flutes I picked up earlier in the day.

Headed home happy and in need of a nap!

Linking up to Thifty Treasures with Rhoda at Southern Hospitality.

Ta Ta For Now!
Audra

4 comments:

Selina@CreativeJuicesDecor said...

Girl, that birdcage is AWESOME! I'd say 20 was a good price but I know what you mean, at a garage sale you want to find something like that for 5.00. Can't wait to see where you put it....you could totally build a space around just htat. Stopping over from Southern Hospitality!

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Girl you are the QUEEN of the find!

Shay said...

Completely adorablebird house and well worth the money paid in my opinion. You find such great things!

ThriftyAnnabella said...

Love the flutes - you did good :)