Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Trying My Hand at a Table Scape...

I must warn you...take a step or three back because I have finally jumped in, more like tiptoed into the table scape group.  You know them, those "cool" ladies who set a table in the most creative and unique ways.

Leigh over at Tales From Bloggeritaville,  Margene over at In the Middle of Nowhere (who taught me it doesn't have to be matchy matchy to be gorgeous!) and of course
who sets a gorgeous table every.single.time.

There are so many talented women out there that set gorgeous tables...  
The kind of tables you want to sit down at but not eat from,
because you don't want to mess them up?  
Yeah, those kind of tables.

Mine is not that kind of table.  So go easy on me...

Just for the record...I always set the table for dinner.  
Just not too fancy and rarely with a center piece.  
I am kind of simple like that, just sayin'.

Did I mention I have three cats that believe the dining room and kitchen tables 
belong to them exclusively?
Ok, I got to quit stalling, 

Dining room table Table Scape numero uno for the Frugal Missus.




 I didn't have a gold or banded napkin ring so I settled for the spirally black set, from Pier One.
These are the dishes I picked up last weekend from St. Pete's RePete Boutique.
Gold Pier One chargers located at Savers Thrift Store $9.00.
I chose the leopard print goblets to show my wild side!
 Rattan bowl picked up for $1.00 at garage sale. 
 Filled with vase filler from Marshall's.  The entire bag was $7.00

 I used the woven jute bag to fill in the bottom of the bowl.
Then as luck would have it, today while wasting time before Doctors appointment, I popped into a Thrift Store next to his office.  Found six of these napkin rings for $3.00
Exactly what I needed to offset the brown linen napkins. 
Don't worry, I removed the price tags after taking the photo.

I hope you enjoyed my first West Indies inspired table scape.  
I hope it will be the first of many to come.

Bon Appetite!

Audra

4 comments:

Marigene said...

WooHoo, you finally did a tablescape, Audra! It came out beautifully. Love the leaf plates...and the leopard print glassware.
Hope you join in next week, too!

Beth said...

I think your first tablescape looks great! My favorite part? The leopard print goblets!

katiebrasner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kat said...

I deleted the previous, because I wanted to post on my right account so you knew who it was ;) Just wanted to say I love the table, and it looks way more expensive than it was-- you got some killer steals! Great job. Those napkin rings are gorg.