Monday, April 18, 2011

Changing with the Seasons

I have two book cases, side by side in my family room.
I love them...
they are on the smallish petite side, dainty and painted shoe polish black.

I bought them from my dear friend Yvonne when she changed her style to a more modern look.
I am sure I will never part with these as they are perfect for displaying my finds...
oh and they do a great job holding books as well.

Here is what they looked like before I gave them a cleaning out.
Of course over the few months, they have managed to get a bit full with other stuff.
  Looking kind of junky.

I wanted to give them a Summer fresh look...without breaking the bank.

Or even spending any cash at all...so I shopped around the house and after a few attempts, 
came up with this.

Voila!

Moved out the spindles and replaced it with a few remnants of things that remind me of summer.

and
I added silver touches here and there....


along with my little French primers tied in twine.
Behind the silver clock is a copy of my favorite book of all time.
To Kill A Mocking Bird.

When I find my other box of shells and star fish, I may tweak it a bit more. 
For now... I am pleased with the results.

I like the simplicity, I need more of that in my life.


Audra

2 comments:

Shay said...

I love what you've done with the bookcase. It's so much fun to tweak our rooms every now and then isnt it?

Love the spirals in the jar. What are they ? Shells?

decorator to the stars said...

OH MY, WHAT LOVELY BOTTLES YOU HAVE THERE ;)