Thursday, March 10, 2011

I got some 'splaining to do....

I am junk...there I said it!  
Or maybe I should say Je suis junque!
I can't believe two weeks went by without me visiting you all and my blog..I do have a valid excuse.
Do you want to hear it?

No?

Ok.
Here's the mini version.  I went to the rummage sale at the church on Saturday the 26th.
I was not happy.
Nope.  Not at all.
Not the sale I had bragged about, drug my sister out at 4:30 am to meet me to make the 45 minute drive to Chandler or boasted about to my co-workers how they did.not.want.to.miss.this.... who also came out to see the spectacular event.

Nope...it was bupkiss.
Nada...Zilch and what a major let down.

I didn't even take pictures because I was really kind of pissy...because it was so phenominal last year.
And I even passed up the other rummage sale to attend this one.
Boo Hiss.

On a positive note, I had a blast hanging out with my little sister who was able to score some great clothing items and shoes for herself and both her girls.

I did get some things, just not the fabulousness I expected.
Perhaps the economy being what it is, more people are having sales of their own instead of donating...or ebaying or Craigslisting?

I was not feeling the vibe at the sale or any garage sales we went to.  I was kind of feeling..whiny.

Turns out I was getting a migraine.  A bad one.  A three day, kick my butt event that ruined  Sunday- Fly Guy's birthday and kept me out of work until Thursday.

Yeah...good times.
Then my back started hurting...so I went to the crack and wack doctor (my Chiropractor) and let him work his magic.

I thought I should be feeling better but I just wasn't.
I should have known a flare up was right around the corner.  So I have been fighting a lovely Crohn's flare up for the past three days.

And...I was feeling a little bit sorry for myself.

Then today, I remembered that it's just a bump in the road.  Just another little blip and this too will pass.
There are always other weekends, rummage sales, and hopefully birthdays.  What is important is I had a wonderful time reminiscing about our mother with my little sister and remembering how much she is like our mom. 

I may have put a downer on Fly Guy's birthday, but we can go out to eat sushi another time. 
What matters is that we are happy and he loves me in spite of everything. 

That last weekend I had the opportunity to see my College Diva and then visit with my Aunt and Uncle in Cottonwood.  
That always does my heart good to see my family.

My chiropractor rocks and my back is almost good as new...
Crohn's is not going to rule my life, it will take a back seat here in a few days and I will be back to almost normal...or normal for me.

I have lots of catching up to do..reading your blogs, posting my few finds and my lovely surprise gift from my wonderful friend Meg who blogs over at How To Eat Well On A Budget, who sent me two packages filled with wonderful goodies that I will share with you tomorrow.

Hope you all are having a wonderful bloggy day!

Hugs.

Audra

6 comments:

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

OMGsh a three day migraine? I cannot even imagine. So so sorry. HUGS! Hope you are all better with no more problems for a LONG time.

Anonymous said...

We had a blast! I mean who else can pull me out of bed at 4:30 in the morning for rummage sales??? Hoping we can do it again with a bigger and better sale soon.

xoxo!

Shay said...

Excuse accepted. Life sometimes has a way of kicking us in the arse. It's all good. Glad to hear you're on the mend!

decorator to the stars said...

AUDRA, DON'T YOU HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS? I'VE MARKED MANY SALES TO RETURN TO THE FOLLOWING YEAR ONLY TO BE DISSAPPOINTED, BUT YOU'RE RIGHT, THERE'S ALWAYS ANOTHER GREAT ONE AROUND THE CORNER......HAPPY JUNQUEING & BE WELL MON AMI :) GIO

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Audra, just yesterday I was wondering where you were! So sorry about the migraine and then the flare up.. I love you attitude that it will not run your life!! You are blessed with love and family. So glad you are now OK and back! hugs, Linda

Tracey McBride ~ Frugal Luxuries™ said...

Sooo sorry to hear about your health issues Audra...but VERY happy you're feeling better. We all have our share of these bumps in the road...your attitude is amazing and inspiring. So glad you are back. :)
Love,
Tracey
x0x
P.S. So sorry the rummage sale was such a disappointment...I know the feeling. :)