Sunday, March 20, 2011

Frugal Missus gets out and about....

I have been under the weather lately.  
Not feeling up to blogging or much of anything for that matter.

Gave myself a pep talk to get through the flare up, only to be sidelined by my fibromyalgia.

 I don't talk much about these "friends" or their visits, because I try to keep on living and not letting them get in my way.

That works sometimes...and other times...well not so much.

I spent a couple of days, down in the dumps, you know, throwing a pity party for one?

Laid on the couch and debated if I even wanted to blog at all, ever.again. Toyed with idea of getting rid of everything and only keeping the couch, tv and bed.  
After all, that's all you need when you are feeling sorry for yourself.  :)

Then I started to feel a bit better, the mood swing subsided,  another pep talk and swift kick in the back side...and got up and got out.

There were loads of sales this weekend.  Two subdivisions in my neighborhood were having community sales.  That was enough to motivate me to head out.

Loved this flag...perfect enticement to stop in and take a look.

I am surprised at the number of sales that were being run by men. 

This one as well.  Lots of goodies to sift through.

I picked up a few things this weekend, my favorite had to be these, 
Wrought Iron gate pieces.  The lady was selling them because her husband told her he couldn't do what she wanted with them. 

She paid this for each piece.  I paid $1.00 each.  
I don't know what I am going to do with them, but I knew I had to get them.
Picked up these urns for $4.00 each, doesn't hurt to ask if they will take less.

Loved this whimsical cake plate...this will be going on eBay.

Loved the size of the two over-sized baskets.  $1.00 each.  
They are versatile for decorating or storage options, once I decide where to put them.

These oils were marked $3.00 each.  Only problem, they were four years out of code.  
The woman told us she still uses them and has never had a problem with them. 
I didn't buy any...

However, the second best buy of the day, was from the MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) group at the Lutheren Church.   
They had a Consignment Sale in the Gym... prices were closer to consigment/high end thrift stores.
  I spied this and made a bee-line for it.

Yes, I can spy Pottery Barn goodness across the parking lot.
I happily paid my ten dollars, as I have coveted desired this for-ev-er!
At a fraction of the original cost, there was no way this wasn't coming home with me.
Sigh....

Who needs retail therepy when there is yard sale therapy?  Hope you found some great things this weekend!


I am linking up with Leigh over at Tales from Bloggeritaville for Thrifty Thursday.

Au Revoir...

Audra

7 comments:

Marigene said...

Great finds, Audra. That pillow was a real steal...but my favorite is that cute cake pedestal.
Hope you get to feeling better...maybe now that spring is here it will help lift your spirits.

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Girl, you are the queen of the hunt! I always love your finds!

I'm so sorry you were feeling so bad. I wish I could bring ya a carton of chocolate ice cream. We could eat it together (with some toppings of course) and chat away. HUGS.

Audra said...

Mandi, I am down with the ice cream and some serious chatting! Wish you lived closer so you could join the hunt. This sale was off the chart!

Marigene...today was the perfect overcast spring day. I love it when Spring last a little longer in Arizona. Not ready for the summer heat! I could see you using the cake plate in one of your tablescapes!

Shay said...

Love the pillow Audra ...I would have made a beeline for it too!


I wonder if I could make one of those...I think I could.

Aubrey said...

oh my! You have me looking forward to spring and yard sales again! Thank you for your lovely comments...and tell your son thank you for supporting our troops as well! :) I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well...I will remember you in my prayers!

Ms. Oomph said...

I agree! All the fun without the guilt! Plus an opportunity to be creative, which just adds more fun. Can't wait to see what you do with the wrought iron pieces. :)

Brooke said...

Thanks for the compliment on the dining room! :) Wow, you found some great stuff-- love the turquoise iron stuff! Only 36 hours left 'til I can go yard sale shopping again....;)