Thursday, February 17, 2011

Finding Fabulous Bedding...

I am cheap...
rhymes with Jeep and there isn't a second doubt that I am seriously not going to plunk down several hundred dollars on bedding. 
No matter how gorgeous 

All pictures by Belle Notte Bedding
how decadently dreamy

how amazingly tantalizing.....
they are.  I just can't bring myself to spend that kind of moola on this bedding, 
or any bedding.

Sigh...
Dang broke budget.
What's a Frugal Girl to do?

Keep the peepers open and work with what you find...
Uh- huh.  I am talking Fabulous Bedding on a Frugal Budget.

I have long desired a change for my bedroom linens.  In fact I want to change out my entire bedroom but we'll save that for another post.

I had been looking at some bedding on mark down at Target...
but I just couldn't find the right size, or the right color or...price range.

I was going to buy a set online,  that was more than I really wanted to spend, 
so I had to think it over for a few days.
Meanwhile I kept looking...

Browsning an Estate Sale on Friday, I saw this duvet cover and two shams.
Realizing that it's hard to get the full effect of this gorgeous silk duvet, trust me, it's a lovely mix between gold and latte.  The color was right, the style was simple enough to add on to,
and the price ...$20.00!
I Know!!!
I promise better pictures when I am not so rushed.
(Washing Machine Repair Man interrupted my photo shoot, also another story for another post.)

While heading to pay for my find, I saw this on another bed.
oooh, 
Yes...burlap style linen Queen duvet cover and two shams.
It reminded me of the set from Belle Notte... 

not nearly as pricey...
but not as cheap as the silk duvet.
I talk to one of the ladies at the sale, who tells me there are TWO of these gorgeous
sets...
so of course I hawked my first born and bought one for me....
and one to re-sell.
This is the back side of the duvet, cream linen....
while the duvet top and shams are
a fawn colored linen with lovely pastel flowers.
You see why I had to buy both of them?  Tres Maqnifique!

Mais Non?
I will be listing the second set on eBay.

Linking up with Leigh from Tales from Bloggeritaville for Thrifty Thursday.
Junkin' Finds Friday @ A La Carte
Frugalicious Friday @ Finding Fabulous
Head over to join the parties and show off your thrifty finds.

ttfn....
Audra

5 comments:

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Wow! I love them both! I was all geared up to tell ya all about my huntings for the perfect bed spread . .. but looks like you scored!

A Few Pennies said...

Pretty bedding; what a great deal you found!

Tightwad Mom said...

Score one for the Frugalista! Fabulous deal on your bedding! Love your site! I am all about decorating on the cheap.
Tina (Tightwad Mom)

college bedding said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Diann said...

I have been on the hut for new thrifty bed linens and am having no luck so far! yours are wonderful. Great finds!