Sunday, February 20, 2011

Bargain shopping in the rain....

Weather forecast of 70% chance of rain didn't stop some people from having garage sales and it didn't stop me from driving around looking for them.

Headed out early to pick up my co-op basket from Bountiful Baskets, stopping at a sale right outside of my sub-division.  Seller had beautiful items, reasonable prices, however not really my style.
I did spot a couple of boxes of movies and started going through them.  
Only to have another shopper offer her $40.00 for the lot of them and get this...The.Seller. picked up the movies that I had set aside and put them in the boxes explaining to me that "he is buying all of the movies". 

Shock!

I promptly left.  I was still stunned hours later. 

That mishap aside, it spit rain a bit, but I kept going.
Most sales were held in garages....


making it easier to shop.
At this sale I picked up these pictures for $3.00.
Which have found a new home above the tub in the master bathroom.

Almost missed this sale because of poor signage...People signs are EVERYTHING to a yard saler.
Some how located the sale and picked up these bird cages for $5.00 total.

That found a home on this shelf also in the Master Bathroom.
The sellers were the nicest people and they had the most amazing items.  A man and wife sold their home to help out daughter and SIL in their much larger home.  Some of the items they were loading on the moving truck were gorgeous and I wished they were selling them!
I did pick up this lamp on the way out for a dollar.
Which found it's home in the Master Bathroom.  

I bought this little trunk for $5.00 from another sale...
It's about 2 1/2 high and has the most wonderful tole style painting on it.
One last yard sale, I found more movies marked $1.00 a piece.
The Teenager and I picked out a few to add to our collection, 
This soothed the sting from the other movie debacle.

By 9:00 am the wind was picking up so I headed to St. Pete's Repete Boutique.  I make this my last stop on my yard saling trek every weekend.  They have a lovely staff of volunteers and there is always something new.

The great thing about smaller thrift stores is that items donated together are put out together, which is why I was able to score four nearly new skirts for less than $20.00!




I love tea length or long skirts.  These will stretch my wardrobe without breaking the bank.

All in all, come rain or shine, I had a successful Saturday of bargain shopping.

Hope you all had a wonderful Saturday as well...
Linking up with
Junkin' Finds Friday @ A La Carte
Frugalicious Friday @ Finding Fabulous
A biento!

Audra

18 comments:

Rhonda said...

even with crazy sellers, yard saling is fun!
I love that tole trunk and your skirts, if I lived closer to you, I might find a way to sneak them to my closet.

enjoy your finds.

Beth said...

Love me some yard sales! More great finds...as always! Love that lamp.

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Wow, you found some fabulous treasures. I love them all. Everything looks wonderful in your bathroom and the skirts are great. I's say you did really good. Hugs, Marty

Marigene said...

Audra, you found some really nice buys this week...even though you had that rather nasty experience at the first stop. I would have been madder than a wet hen!
Really pretty little trunk...I have a few that have roosters on them...they really do come in handy for storage of smaller items. I also like that odd shaped little lamp, it looks like a great size for the bath.
Have a great week!

Shay said...

I'm coveting the bird cages !

Great finds Audra. That lamp base is beautiful too.

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

I love that first skirt! So hot!

So you have bountiful baskets near you, too? I could swear we live on opposite sides of the country, don't we??

Suzanne said...

Wondered about the crazy people that had garage sales on Saturday! LOL. Hope you got home before the wind picked up.
You did get some lovely finds, though.

decorator to the stars said...

AUDRA, YOU HAVE SOME GREAT FINDS THERE :) & THAT "LADY" NEEDS TO STUDY UP ON GARAGE SALE ETIQUETTE BEFORE SHE HAS ANOTHER SALE. I WOULD HAVE SAID I HAD THE MOVIES SET ASIDE BEFORE THE DEAL....OH WELL IT LOOKED LIKE A BETTER SALE AWAITED :) ANY LEMON SIGHTINGS YET? GIO

All That Glitters said...

Girl, you scored big time!!!! Lovin those bird cages!! I hate she took those movies from you! She could of made more money! Big dummy!!!!

Have a great week!
Jennifer

Diann said...

OMG! Everything you scored was awesome! What great items and fantasttic prices!!

Stacey said...

Great buys! I like all of those skirts.

Betsy said...

You scored BIG!
Unbelievable with the box of movies, we have a regular here in town that did almost the same thing to me, twice.
You ended up with some great bargains though.

Pam - diy Design Fanatic said...

What great finds! I love, love, love the bird cage!

Donnie said...

What a great day you had even with the rain. Loved those skirts the most.

xinex said...

Wow! You really did great. I love the wooden box and the bird cage but what I like the best is their prices...Christine

Queenie said...

Love your finds...those cages are gorgeous...wish I could find some like those...it's definately worth getting out in the rain for and that tole trunk OmGosh :)
Big hugs,
Queenie

Laurie said...

You did a great job outfitting that bathroom of yours! I especially loved the cages -- and that lamp!

ThriftyAnnabella said...

You made some great buys - especially the DVD's for $1 each. Around here people think used DVD's should fetch $5 each.