Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Ballard Style French Cannisters


Who doesn't love these Ballard French Cannisters?
 Ballard~$75.00 for three pieces
Ooh... I do, but not the hefty price tag.

I have been on the look out for white cannisters at the Thrift Stores, Garage Sales, Hobby Lobby, with the idea to create my own knock off's.

Voila!
Look what I found at Saver's today....
Ballard Knock Off French Cannisters!

Farine, Riz, Café, Thé, Sucre, 

I almost walked right past them, before spotting the littlest jars
Thym, Rosmarin, Basilic...


Of course I stopped in my tracks...I had to stiffle a little squeal
Oh, my...there were 8 in the set. 

Throwing a look over my shoulder I loaded them into my basket 
then rushed to the Register to pay for them.

Ceramic, not milk glass like those from Ballard, but they sure make up for it with the faux crazing and lovely french script.

All of this for about a 10th of Ballard's price.

C'est magnifique, mais oui?

Linking up with these lovely ladies...
Thrifty Thursday @ Tales From Bloggeritaville
Junkin' Finds Friday @ A La Carte
Frugalicious Friday @ Finding Fabulous

17 comments:

Honey at 2805 said...

Oh you are such a smart shopper. Love these and, of course, I want a set.

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh I love them. They are wonderful. What a super find. Hugs, Marty

Kammy said...

I love your terrific find !
Hugs,
Kammy

Laura Lynn said...

So cute - good buy!!

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

C'est magnifique!

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

So cute, Audra! I love these! Are they going out on the countertop?

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Tres Magnifique! Love them and lucky you!! Thanks for joining JFF this week! hugs, Linda

Shay said...

A gorgeous find (and the price sounds right ) Well spotted. It makes my heart sing when I find a bargain like that.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

You really did good.
Thanks for stopping by. I am looking forward to Spring.

Vintagesouthernlife said...

Great find! I love them.

Donnie said...

Those are lovely. They sure are popular right now too and will look lovely on your counter.

Ldy ~~ Dy said...

Those are really nice! Love the look! Great deal!! Woo Hoo!!

Lady Collum said...

What a find! They're so white and creamy-looking, and so French kitchen! Thank you for sharing. I may start keeping my eyes open for some of these myself! :-)

Mimi said...

HI!!
I LOVE THOSE and even more so because it is in FRENCH!!
SO lovely!!
great find!!!
happy Valentines day my sweet friend,
jamie

Olde Tyme Marketplace said...

WOW!! I love those better than Ballards! I would have grabbed them up too! Great find!
Just found your blog today! Love it!
Beth

Ms. Oomph said...

LOVE it! Excellent find! Love your description of yourself as "frustratingly frugal"-- LOL! I can empathize. :)

Jennifer~My Vintage Bliss said...

Great find..I like them better than the ones from Ballard! Great blog~ I am a new follower