Monday, February 7, 2011

Baking Beer Bread

 Tonight I am making beer bread to go with our chili. I found this recipe from Hip and Stingy Cheap and Easy Bread a few years ago and had to try it.

Ok...she had me at use left over bread for French Toast.
Oh man...do. I . Love. French. Toast.

I had to try it.  What was not too love?  Bread in an hour?  
I am so there.

I borrowed one of Fly Guy's Oatmeal Stouts and made my bread.
That was six hundred and eleven loaves ago.
Maybe more like 50 loaves ago.
In fact I had to make another one after The Teenager, College Diva and I devoured  
sampled the first loaf.

The great thing with Beer Bread is that it goes with anything. You can add anything to it that you want, dill, Parmesan, cinnamon sugar and raisins, olives, it all turns out great.

I also have it on good authority that 12 oz. of Ginger Ale works great in place of the beer.

Beer or Ginger Ale Bread
(Hip and Stingy's Recipe)
3 cups of self-rising flour, 1/3 cup sugar and mix. 
Add one 12 ounce beer (any type, domestic, imported, dark, light, wheat, ale, ipa, stout), pour into a greased loaf pan, and pour two tablespoons melted butter over the top. Bake one hour at 375.
or
3 cups  all-purpose flour
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon baking powder



The Ingredients.  I used a White Chocolate Wheat Beer because it was a gift and I was NEVER going to drink it!


 Spray pan with Pam or coat with Crisco


dry ingredients, mix well



Add beer/ginger ale ...

Mix quickly as the batter starts to form and bubble up

 Dough

Voila

Go make some now...or at least tomorrow!
Bon Appetite!

S

5 comments:

Shay said...

I had to hide this post from Mr. P - anything with beer gets his vote.

Thats the problem with fresh bread...it disappears too quickly!

Marigene said...

White chocolate wheat beer...doesn't even sound good...but the bread sure looks yummy! I am curious about the French toast...did the bread crumble when you put it in the liquid? I'd make a loaf just to be able to have the French toast with something different!

Big Dude said...

Your bread looks delicious - Thanks for following my blog.

Aubrey said...

I love your new canisters! I have some similar that I found on sale at Fred Myers. I still have them on my counter. Your bread looks super yummy.

PS. Can you give me your email addy again and I'll send you my address..I couldn't find it.

XO

Anonymous said...

I made mine last night, for the first time (I needed something to bring to work for a pot luck). I used Shock Top Raspberry Wheat Ale and it turned out lightly sweetened with an amazing flavor. I cannot wait to make another loaf tonight for french toast tomorrow for the girls (if I can keep them out of it)!