Tuesday, January 25, 2011

It's the little things....

It's the little things that make me smile....

Little, itty, bitty things, that might not seem much to most people...

but are real treasures to me.

The little thing wrapped in paper...
laying on my desk....
waiting for me to open it.

A small treasure...
A hand written note...

"thought of you"...
that made me smile.

Initials of the giver....
someone thought of me and I feel warm all over.

a moment of suspense...
a thrill rushes through me as I uncover my gift.

A gasp of joyful surprise as I cradle it in my hand.

Grinning because I love it and the giver knew I would.

It's the small things that make me smile and make the world a wonderful place.

Audra

2 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Audra how sweet. I love to find that special something for someone and surprise them. The giver gets as much joy as the one who relieves!

Ms. Bake-it said...

What a sweet surprise! I agree with Linda - it is as much a pleasure for the giver. I like to surprise people like that too.

~ Tracy