Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Garage Sale Recap

With both holidays falling on Saturdays, I suffered from garage sale withdrawls.

Big Time...
Not pretty...kind of pathetic, but I really wanted to look at other peoples stuff.  
No after Christmas sales for this lady, no what I really was in need of was a great garage sale to kick off the new year.

In style.

My wish...came true. 

My dear friend Yvonne hosted a garage sale two weekends ago, to clear out clutter and downsize.
I offered to help.
She said yes.

Yvonne has fabulous taste in furnishings so I couldn't wait to see what she had to sell.

I have been drooling over her dining room chairs for some time now and when she told me she was selling them well I just had to get them!
Pier One Rattan Dining Chairs....four of them.  *sigh*...I love them
(my cats always try to steal the limelight)
 Initial meeting with my underwhelming dining room table.  We are going to give her a much needed face lift soon.

I had been in search of a big girl desk for a long time.  She had this gorgeous desk ...
and it was love.  I just had to have it.  Excuse the cords and all, I had just set up my old pc...Ethel.
I know...she is a bit old, but she is the first pc I ever built and I have seperation issues.  Besides there is plenty of room on the desk for her and Lola my new little HP Net Book (Mini).

Look at this gorgeous distressing.....

Gorgeous, mais non?  If you could have seen what was passing as my desk for the past three years, you would completely understand.
Something sort of like this... a tight squeeze for Ethel, the keyboard and me.

Then I invited this beauty to the par-tay!

Yes, the chair I found back in August.  She also will be getting a much needed face lift with dark stain and burlap or leopard print fabric on the seat.


Then I spied these lovelies and since they were hanging out by the desk looking fabulous, I asked them to come along for the ride.

See how well they play along?

I had my eye on two divine mirrors as well.  I just knew they had to come home with me. 
Guess what???

Uh huh.  That's right....Yvonne gave them to me as a thank you for helping her with her sale.

Happy Dance!

One for the living room....

One hanging out in the family room until we find a permanent place to hang prop it.

No pictures, we got too busy selling to take any.

Last weekend was our community garage sale.  
Can I tell you how excited I was?  
New girl to the community...community garage sale with lots of opportunity to meet neighbors....
see where I am going with this?

Nada.
Bupkiss...
Disappointment.

Seriously folks, out of 1000 houses in our community and only 30 participants?  
So...I only found a couple of items, 


A red cookbook holder!  $2.00
Nordic ware cake pan $3.00



Bamboo poles $5.00 for  three bunches.

Two bunches of black fronds $1.00
I also picked up several paper backs for .50 each.  

This is what I am reading now...

I just can't bring myself to pay full price for a book when I can find them for $.25 to $1.00 on drive ways of local sales.  
Finishing a good book is like leaving a good friend. 
William Feather

Linking up with Leigh from Tales from Blogeritaville for Thrifty Thursday 
and 
Linda over at A La Carte for Junkin' Finds Friday

A tout alors!

Audra

8 comments:

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Love your dining chairs, the desk, the mirrors and everything you found. You did good. Can't wait to see it all put together. Hugs, Marty

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Wow! You got some great items from your friend! And even though the community sale wasn't great you found some good things. Love the little nordic cake pan!!

Marigene said...

What a great haul, Audra! I love the desk, cabinets and mirrors...oh, and the dining room chairs.

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Holy.Crap you got hooked UP this weekend! Wow! Everything is absolutely awesome. Especially that table and the mirrors! WOW!

Linda said...

Wow, you had some awesome buys! Love the chairs and mirrors especially!

decorator to the stars said...

AUDRA, GREAT HAUL!!!! I SAW MY FRENCH BOTTLES ON THE SHELF, THEY MADE THE MOVE IN ONE PIECE YAY :)

Ms. Bake-it said...

Wow Audra! You got some great items from your friend! Love the dining room chairs, desk and shelves.

~ Tracy

Comeca Jones said...

I looove the pots ten bucks such a deal!!!Im lookin now I wont get the deal!