Saturday, January 29, 2011

Crazy things I overheard at yard sales today...

Today was ripe with loads and loads of yard sales.

I saw all kinds of goodies and wished I had more space and money to get them.


Greatest yard sale of the day....nothing more than a dollar.  Most items were $.25 which is the perfect frugal price.


Then there was the yard sale run by men.  Yes, three men hosting a yard sale while their wives were gone of a girls weekend to Las Vegas.  

It won hands down for most organized sale, all clothing was folded and piles on tables, shoes seperated by size.  The man whose house it was hosted at decided to have a sale while his wife was gone, because she had boxes and boxes of items housed in the garage to have a yard sale and then never did.

So he did...and was going to give her the money to redecorate their bedroom.  
Can you all say  Awwww....with me?

There was the Moving sale that looked more like someone cleaning out cupboards.  Three tables of glassware and mismatched dishes, silverware and rubbermaid storeage containers.
Two ladies leaving the sale saying..."You call that a moving sale?  What did they expect to move?  Everything?"  This was at 7:30 am and this is what it looked like.

I am sure they didn't get bought out in 30 minutes...just not much of a sale.

Then there was the lady who was helping her Mother and Aunt with their sale, explaining what she does for a living.  "Uh...I am not a Nanny...I am a Household Manager".
She went on to explain that she cleans, cooks and basically keeps the wife company while she shops and then helps with the baby when the wife is busy.  The Aunt says..."Oh, so you are like another wife for the wife?"  and the lady says..."No I am like the really cool best friend of the wife who gets all the casts offs that she doesn't want and I get paid for being her bff..."
OMG!  Hook me up with that j. o. b!  I am so good at that!

Then the two men talking about buying a lamp.  The one older man asked if it took those "Heparin" lights. The other gentle man said..."You mean one of those Halogen lights".   The older man looked confused and said..."I get so confused... I probably told the pharmacy to fill my Halogen pills"

I am so not kidding...

Last sale of the day...another Moving Sale. I see the same two ladies walking away...once again muttering "You call THIS a moving sale?  Who are they kidding, more like a trash sale...who wants to take that with them when they move sale, garbage, I mean....really, junk....."
I guess they weren't impressed with the few tables of miscellaneous stuff or the older washer and dryer set for $120.00.

Last stop was St. Pete's Thrift Store, where I overheard a little boy telling his mother that he had to have the "Gurrolla" (gorilla for those that don't speak three year old).  When the momma said, "It's three dollars, that's kind of steep..." (It was a huge, floppy, long haired gurolla and worth the $3.00 imo..) the little boy wrapped his arms around the gorilla and said.."Mom!  It's a matter of life and death...he will die here with out me and I can't live without him!"

I know...it just melted my heart too!  So glad he was able to take him home!

People never cease to amaze me....  Hope your weekend was as entertaining!

Will be posting my finds tomorrow!

ttfn...

Audra

7 comments:

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh my goodness, aren't people funny. I like the man selling things so he could give the money to his wife. Great guy, and yes, I am happy the little boy got the Gurrilla. lol Sounds like a fun day. Hugs, Marty

Linda @ A La Carte said...

AWWWWWWWWWW for the man having the yard sale for his wife...but double AWWWWWWWWWW for the little boy and the Gurolla! It is amazing what you hear isn't it.

Comeca Jones said...

Im so glad you stopped by! lol I Your stories are so cute lol.I will be back!

Kammy said...

You people listen not people watch, hee hee !
Love all the conversations !
Kammy

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Thanks for the nice comments about the ottoman. Hope you make one, they are always so handy and sooooooo easy to make. Hugs, Marty

Angie said...

I am so ready for the yard sales to start back up. Haven't had many here in the last few months. So glad the boy got to give the gorilla a home!

Donetta said...

Love that you listen. so much to learn by the humility of a loving ear.