Sunday, January 23, 2011

Calphalon take me away...

Yes, Calphalon and not Calgon...
When you see what I found for $10.00 at a yard sale.

That's right...All of these Calphalon skillets, saute pans, omelet pan and stock pot, for $10.00
The Teenager is learning how to cook and these anodized non-stick pans will do the trick nicely.

Best of all, they are already seasoned or haunted at The Teenager refers to them.
( This kid just cracks me up sometimes)
What I forgot to photograph was the lids...uh-oh.


Sales were kind of meager this weekend..but I did find these...

Rooster trivets for $2.00 which I hung here as decor and their close proximity to the stove.


I found two more apothocary jars to add with the larger one I found last year.
added some left over colored pasta and Voila!
My nekid kitchen window has some sassy decor...
I also found that plate last year and put it with the fleur-de-lis plate holder I picked up yesterday for $1.00.

Picked up a few smaller items to add to around the house.
Candle stick holder and vintage style dress form for a dollar each became
a pedelstal for Pier One glass candle holder. (house warming gift from SIL)
and...
a great addition to the top of one of the book cases.  I am thinking of giving the form a face lift with some strips of newsprint or wall paper.

Then I added this guy from my friend Yvonne's yard sale...
on the other book case.  I really got him for my MIL...but I am growing fond of him hanging out among my collection of spindles. (I think that's what they are called...)

I have been wanting a garlic holder, so this was coming home with me for .50.
caaauuuuute!  Mais non?

Spent the rest of the day cleaning and organizing the kitchen and cupboards.  I believe we might just be settling in...finally!  Hope you all are having a fabulously frugal weekend...

Linking up with Leigh over at Tales from Bloggeritaville for Thrifty Thursday

A biento, mon amies! 


Audra

10 comments:

Kammy said...

Good job !
I love my calphalon and spent way
more then ten bucks !
Kammy

Rhonda said...

well, for "meager" sales, you sure got some great stuff! I love the apothecary jars and the rooster trivets.
I would call $10 for all that cookware just about a steal.
happy cooking with your haunted cookware, that is funny!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Awesome finds and meager?? You scored big time with your finds!

Beth said...

You find some the best deals! Oh, and you have great taste in decorating. I like it!

Tracy F. said...

That set of Calphalon was an amazing bargain!

Mimi said...

THOSE are steals!!!
great buys and great shopping on your apart!!!
I have 2 calphalon skillets, I LOVE them but paid 50 for them both!!!
Apothecary jars, WE need some of those for Miss C's birthday party in May!!!If you ever see them and do not want them, get them for me!!!
I will pick them up!!!
thanks so much
hugs,
jamie

decorator to the stars said...

WHAT A HAUL MON AMI :) SHOULD I BE LOOKING FOR THE LEMONS YET? GIO

All That Glitters said...

you go girl!!! You got all kinds of awesome finds!

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Can I go junkin' with you??

Kathryn said...

Great finds...esp. those pots and pans. What a steal!!!