Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A Few Pictures of the New House

Bonjour, mes amis! 

I have been busy trying to locate our Christmas decorations and lights in the mess that is housed in the garage.   Still looking for boxes and trying to decide what to put up or where to put it.  Keep in mind I haven't done much in decorating, just putting things here and there making the house presentable for Thanksgiving dinner.  Now I need to prepare for Christmas and not have a breakdown in the process.

As I promised here are a few pictures of the new home.  Taking them a little at a time so you can get the full impact of my lack of decorating. 

Here is the "formal" dining room.  Nothing on the walls yet, still trying to decide which pictures I like up there. 
I purchased the two chocolate chairs on the end at a yard sale for $8.00 for the pair!  I wish there had been more like this style, or something other than my seriously older floral chairs. 

I have been drooling over  some lovely rattan chairs...
  Or this style....
Sigh...they are tres magnifique, mais non?  Until I have the funds or find them at a Garage Sale, Thrift Store or Craigslist, I will have to keep the four floral chairs and possibly cover them in a linen or burlap style chair cover. 
Moving on....
Across from the Dining Room is the "Formal" Living Room.  This is work in progress, as I hope to purchase a leather chair to match our couch and put some art work on the wall. 
Currently I have this piece of art work on display on the easel, until I figure what to do with it or where to put it. 
Not the best shot of the art work but...it's several different tiles in a frame.  I love the colors,  thinking it might need to go into a room that can handle the boldness.  Again, this is a temporary set up.  That has to move because when I find my Christmas Tree...that is the perfect spot to put it. 


Love this sofa table, although she was damaged in the move.  The top is three inch thick marble,making this baby h...e...a..v..y!  I am having it repaired this weekend. 
These are a little something I picked up to put in the living room and decided they are a bit too dark for this room as well.  Perhaps the family room...  they are upside down, the pointed part is the bottom.
Just have to figure where they will go and then have Fly Guy and The Teenager put them up for me.  Yes...they are that heavy.  Fly Guy's friends asked him if we had any furniture that didn't weigh a ton...Uh...No.  I suppose we don't. Sorry for the hernia guys!

I did hang One thing...just one thing on the wall in this area....

  Did I ever mention that I have a complete obsession with clocks?  Just saying...

Then the money shot...ok, it might not be the money shot, but it will give you an idea of what I am dealing with here...

View from the front door....
Fly Guy's office is to the left and until we clear it out we will keep those doors closed!  It's become sort of a box depository/staging point until we can figure out where our stuff is.
This leads into kitchen, family room and vast area that I have nothing in at this time.    I am hoping for some new to me furniture to put in this area. (Yes...that is the back end of the cat...she is nom noming at the cat bowl...)

I will post pictures of these area's this week as well and invite any comments or suggestions as I am feeling a bit overwhelmed at the prospect of pulling it all together. Thanks for stopping by, please be sure to say hello.

A tout alors!

Audra

7 comments:

Melissa Miller said...

Gorgeous job Audra! Your new home is beautiful. You are doing great getting settled.

Happy week! ~Melissa :)

Mimi said...

Yes, your home is beautiful...can't wait to see it all finished. You are right, the tiles are gorgeous...they almost look like some stained glass I have seen. Okay, I am lost...what are those cone shaped things that are upside down? Planters...sconces...just wall art? They look pretty cool just sitting there. By the way, I have a friend that has those rattan chairs and they are the most uncomfortable chairs I have ever sit in!

Aubrey said...

Yay! You're back! Thank you for sharing the photos of your beautiful home. Looks like you have been busy.

xo
Aubrey

Mandi said...

Oooh . . .your house looks so big and lovely! I love clocks too!!

Beth said...

Welcome back to blogland! Your new house is gorgeous! I have to admit I'm a little jealous of your leather couch. I have been wanting one for a while now. You have great style.

Meg Austin Haskins said...

The new house is looking great! What about the sconces, in your dining room? I love clocks, too! :) I like the "look" of rattan, but agree that they are some of the most uncomfortable chairs, to sit in...:( I love them for the texture, they add, but you could do that, in other ways, like bamboo blinds or wood florals in tall vases.

Kurt Palen said...

This is a post from months ago, I know, but I just have to leave a comment here because I think you've done a great job on decorating. The pieces of furniture you have there blend well with each other. Good job, Audra! Good job!