Wednesday, August 25, 2010

What I've Been Up To Lately....

Bonjour mes chers amis, il a été trop longtemps!  

Things are tres hectic at Maison de Frugal, with the packing, getting Reluctant Teenager ready for his sophomore year in high school and getting ready for his learners permit(frantically chews on nails!) aaaannnndddd...moving College Diva back into Greek Housing from the summer dorms.  To surmise...there has been a lot of packing and moving going on.

Still looking for a new home, wanting to move closer to work and cut down the 84 mile round trip (I KNOW!) though I am unsure where the company is going with bankruptcy since the creditors have filed an appeal on the Bankruptcy judges verdict.  I have faith that all will work out with our jobs and the move...getting really excited to see what the next few weeks bring.

Just a few pictures to show you what I have been doing...packing, sorting, packing again and labeling boxes because I have to know where everything is...have it labeled and then mark it with a number..1, 2, 3, 4, etc to correspond with the room that the box needs to go into.  Maybe overkill but I despise looking for things and opening six boxes to find just that one thing!

Here is my packing and moving crew...

Don't they look motivated?  I am always finding them laying around on the job.

I get the stare down when I ask them to get a move on it...we are burning daylight and we have so much to do.

I guess changing positions constitutes "getting a move on it..."

Ling tells me that a 15 minute break is really a three hour nap in cat time.


 Ludo spends most of her time ignoring me...until it's time for a photo op!

At this rate it might take me another month or so to get all of the important things packed up.  Although Fly Guy is going to take a week off and pack up the garage and his things.  (he still has most of his belongings in boxes from when we married three years ago...)

On Saturday I stopped at a Garage sale and saw several moving boxes at the curb for trash pick up.  I asked the seller if I could have them and he said yes...he had tons more, as well as bubble wrap and sealing tape, all from his cross country move!  He even threw in four moving blankets! His company had paid for all of this for his move so he gave them to me.... Free! You know I was doing the spazzy happy dance over that wind fall. 

Be sure to check back tomorrow for my thrifty transformation (I am kinda proud of it!)

A Tout a'lors! 
Audra

4 comments:

Mimi said...

Audra, love your cute packing crew...looks like they needed an afternoon siesta! I am sure they will get back to work soon...84 miles round trip is a lot of miles each week, but I can very easily see it the way The Valley has grown. Even 15 years ago when I went to Mesa I felt I should be taking a sleeping bag along! Hang in there, everything will work out.

Aubrey said...

Love the kitties! :) wow..that is a long commute...I hope you find your dream home soon! Much love~aubrey

Mandi said...

Ooh I hate moving! I've done it too much in the last few years, so . . .GOOD LUCK! I hope it is all pain-free.

Beth said...

Moving sucks. I am not looking forward to it at all.