Monday, August 30, 2010

Update on Toilet Paper Storage

Thank you all who visited and left comments on my toilet paper holder.  I thought you might like an update on how we are doing with the new improved tp storage system in the water closet...le toilette.
Fly Guy gives it two thumbs up!  Indeed.  Instead of leaving me with an empty roll on the dispenser 
 and a fresh roll sitting on the floor...
waiting for wife or the TP Fairy to put it on this....
Yes...this is what we have in the WC...because the "room" is so small that if you had one on the wall it would be practically in your lap.

(I wish a woman had designed this bathroom!)
I entertained the idea of putting one of these dealio's in there....
which would have been right up Fly Guy's geeky alley...also nice to set a beverage on....
Or let him get creative with a cd rack from Ikea so he could have multiple rolls ...
OR...He would have something like this....

OR...If I had the room and the cash...this baby would just about do the trick.
However, I did not nor do I have the patience to put 16 rolls of paper on them because you know it would run out and he wouldn't tell me we were on the last roll until....
I -am-in-there-alone-and-the-tp-is-under-the-sink-in-the-next-room-and-no-one-hears-my-frantic-pleas-for-assistance!

That is why...Frugal Missus decided to find a tp storage in her frugal price range.
 N.i.c.e....  Only 35.00.  Oooops...way, way, way out of FM's ballpark.

Then I spied these...

and 
 Still a bit out of my price range.  That is why Frugal Missus came up with this dealy-bob the tp storage baby.


and Fly Guy is using it!  He took a roll off and put it on the toilet paper stand.  GASP...Shock and Awe! He Loves It...Fly Guy really loves it...He actually takes the spare roll and puts it on the holder.  I Know!

 I am not saying that this will magically cure husbands of leaving the roll empty...I am just sayin' what's been happening at ma maison!

All for a two dollar investment.  Did I mention just how much I love me some Garage Sales?

A Tout Alors!  

Audra

3 comments:

Always Nesting said...

Hilarious!! I think you've finally got HIM trained, LOL.

Mandi said...

Heeheeheelarious! I love it. I like yours the best of course, but that entire wall of toilet paper-- ho man. That's good.

Aubrey said...

Very cool idea! Love all the ideas..Finally went out junkin' the other day...found some super good finds! Back to the slow year for me....:P