Thursday, August 26, 2010

Transformation Thursday!

I am positive someone, somewhere in blog land has already shown this, covered it or called it there own.  So if I stole borrowed this idea from you but can't remember where I saw it, I apologize now.

In our current house we have a small water closet off from the open plan bathroom.  "Le Toilette" (me) or "Stink Room" (Fly Guy) is always running out of t.p.  A.l.w.a.y.s....  I tried stacking extra rolls behind the toilet but it looks awful and is awkward to reach.  Since I don't have shelves or room to put a cabinet in there I started looking at the toilet paper caddy's at various discount stores.  Have you seen those?  Really nice, but still...a bit pricey (since I am trying hard not to spend ANY money)

Inspiration struck!  Take a brushed bronzed paper towel holder ...say like this one....

One that you paid $2.00 for at a garage sale.
Decide it would look better like this in the "water closet".
or maybe this way..extra roll is always handy!
and Voila!  Cute and frugal storage for papier hygiénique!  Mais Oui, c'est belle!

Fly guy even thinks it's a keeper!

Linking up to Tales from Bloggeritaville for Thrifty Thursday 
 and Debbiedoos: Garage Salen Party

A biento!

Audra

12 comments:

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Well, I havn't seen it. What a clever idea. I love it and it is so pretty. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Marty

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

Very good idea! I haven't seen that before! That works very well!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

A new and cute idea!

Mimi said...

Great idea, plus it looks nice.

Melissa Miller said...

Audra what a fantastic idea! It's so pretty too.

Thanks for coming by sweet friend.
I've missed seeing you around blog land.

Blessings, ~Melissa :)

Debbie said...

Hi Audra...it was ME...no just kidding. I do the same thing, sometimes I bookmark the page I really like and reference it, that is when I remember. What a great idea...thanks for joining in this week. So glad to see you back. Debbie

Quilting in My Pyjamas said...

It's a great idea!

I see your packing is going well. I've just packed and unpacked my kitchen. It's a revolting job.

Linda said...

Audra~ I haven't seen this idea either~ I love it~ thanks for sharing!

Thrifty Chic said...

That's new to me. What a great idea Audra! My hubby is always running out of TP too and it drives me crazy :)

Leslie @ goodbye, house! HELLO, HOME! said...

I haven't seen this idea, yet, so it OBVIOUSLY is YOUR original idea ;)
I love it!
This would make a great staging prop for a vacant home!
I have to go read a few more of your posts! It's been awhile since I've been here--been so busy getting girls ready for (and one off to) school!
I haven't even been yard saling-can you believe it?!?!?!
I've missed our visits, my friend!
~me

Audra said...

Missed you all too! I have to tell you all...Fly Guy LOVES this paper towel holder/tp holder. Loves it! There is always a fresh roll available on the tp holder in the bathroom. YES...before he just left it on the floor! I KNOW! I am not saying that he has turned over a new leaf or that this will magically cure husbands of leaving the roll empty...I am just sayin' what's been happening at ma maison!

Deanna said...

What a great idea! I'm in the process of redecorating the guest bath with a French/New Orleans theme (lots of fleur de lis items). I will be on the lookout for something similar but in the meantime I do have a simple, chrome paper towel holder hidden away in the kitchen because we quit using paper towels (except for the rarest occasions).