Monday, August 9, 2010

Great Finds at St. Pete's Thrift

First I have to say THANK YOU...!!  To all of you lovely ladies who left encouraging words and sound advice on my last post.  I hesitated writing it, putting it out there, because...well it's frustrating to not have a perfect life that I strive for.  You know?  Oh, You do?  You don't have one of those cookie cutter perfect lives where everything is perfect?  Funny...that is what mon amie Mika said to me.  "What?  You think none of your readers have been through same things?  What?  You want to act like you don't have a real life? Write..."

So I did.  And I am glad that I did because your words were a comfort.  Merci beaucoup...a thousand times.

Now on with the things I have been doing.  Packing...looking for a house, dealing with out Dr. Pepper and on this past rainy Saturday I shopped.  Yes...it was raining coming down hard and as I head to the grocery store I see some signs.  Ok.. I know they aren't going to have sales out in the rain...but there were three in Garages selling their hearts out.  Only a die hard garage saler like me is not afraid of rain as I browse through movies and luggage!

Headed over to St. Peter's thrift store. You know... my absolutely favorite place to end my usual Saturday Garage Sale foray.
Yes, down came the rain and watered the dry desert, but St. Pete's was open and doing a booming business.
Located in the back of St. Peter's Episcopalian Church in Litchfield Park, Arizona, this little thrift is small in size but big in great deals.  They are only open on Saturday...but get stuff in all week long.  That's why it pays to head over weekly.

You might find this...
Grey and charcol bedding from Swell by Target.  Full size quilt and pillow shams for Reluctant Teenager's bedroom.  $6.00!  Fantastic gently loved condition.
Also picked up a new in bag full size mattress cover for $3.00.
Pottery Barn shower curtain...$3.00.  I don't know if I will keep this or sell it, but I loved this pattern.
Fly Guy says I can spot Pottery Barn items at a 100 paces...I don't know about that but I do love to find PB on the cheap.

I found this shower curtain last year at St. Peter's..PB, brand new in bag, $3.00.  It now resides in Reluctant Teenager's bathroom.
See why it pays to go often?  You never know what you'll find.
Set of 12 Ikea glasses for $5.00.  
Love this crazy cutlery set...20 pieces for $3.00
Another shirt for Fly Guy.  $2.00
Closer detail of the fabric...the colors are amazing.

With school starting right around the corner, I have been on the look out for tshirts for Reluctant Teenager.  I hit the mother load of Rocker style shirts for $4.00 each.
4 shirts $16.00 which just about covers the cost of one of these at Marshall's.  Yep... I checked.  RT is thrilled that he can rock out like a serious bad...dude.  No...he wouldn't model them... I checked.

For a rainy Saturday morning... St. Pete's delivered some great finds all for $30.00.  Yes, bed set, mattress cover, cutlery, glasses, shirts and PB shower curtain.  Now you know why I haunt this place?

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  Thanks for stopping by and thanks again for sticking with FM through this rough patch.  Looking forward to getting back into the swing of things.
Linking up with Rhoda at Southern Hospitality for Thrifty Treasures.

A Tout Alors!

Audra

7 comments:

Linda said...

Great finds, Audra...a little sale therapy always helps me, too! And you are right...all of us have real lives with real problems!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Love your great finds. I found a Pottery Barn shower curtain for a few dollars. I like the new one you found! And yes we all have lives with problems and that is why we understand!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Awesome finds Audra!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

Love your great finds!! You are right, Audra, we all have imperfect lives with imperfect thoughts and feelings. We are human but we try to pick ourselves up and do the right thing!

I will say some extra prayers for you and your family!!

Mimi said...

Glad to hear that things are going a little better for you, Audra...we all have times that are trying, it isn't just you.

Love that shower curtain, it would go great in my bath...good deal on the tee-shirts, too.

Jennifer said...

you go girl!!!! you found some awesome stuff!!!

Suesan said...

What great finds. I've yet to find a really good thrift store here. I'm still hoping to hit the jackpot, but so far, bupkis. You're a lucky girl.