Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Bride Rocked A Red Wedding Dress....

Three years ago, on July 7, 2007, Fly Guy and I tied the knot on the most popular wedding day ever!  I thought he was crazy when I proposed (well I was floored...literally, my knees gave out and I slid to the floor)even crazier when he asked if he could pick the wedding date of 07-07-07!  I wanted to have a quickie wedding but he wanted to give me a wedding!


So I decided to surprise everyone and rock a red wedding dress.  That's right.  I rocked the dark red taffeta dress and only my maid of honor and brides maids knew!  Fly Guy was a little shocked, but he was thrilled I didn't choose a black dress (my urban camo as he calls it).  Several of you asked me to show more pictures of the dress and the wedding so here they are....

Being the frugal fashionista, I chose a gown that could be used for a formal event later on and had the bridesmaids wear black dresses they could wear again.


 From left to right, Caitie my niece was the junior bridesmaid, in a Jessica McClintock dress I purchased for $5.00 at Savers still with the tags attached (retail $128.00)
Sammi a friend who stood in for a sick bridesmaid wearing a dress she picked up for $22.00 on clearence, Me, College Diva wearing a $185.00 dress that she wore to prom, wedding, 2 black tie events and a sorority event.   Ashley wearing a dress I picked up on clearance from my sisters closet for $12.00!

My veil was purchased for $20.00 off of ebay, retailed for $138.00, my shoes were also found on ebay, purchased for $25.00 retail $89.99.

I made the girls bouquets and we had my bouquet styled by a wonder florist at the Bashas' in Sedona.  Similar bouquets were pricing at $250.00, mine was $117.00


Black beauty roses, calla lillies and bear grass.

My nieces and a younger cousin were the flower girls. I made two of the dresses and a cousin made the third dress for her daughter Caillie.
 
 My brother's daughter Page, 

My sister's daughter Kimberlee, who was only 22 months old.
Here is my favorite picture of her spreading the petals.




My nephew Levi (r_and cousin Henry (l)were the ring bearers.
 
 If you notice Levi is wearing skate shoes?  He outgrew the pair purchased for him and we couldn't locate another pair anywhere in Cottonwood!  He also out grew his tuxedo I purchased a size larger in only six weeks.  (BOYS!)

My son walked me down the aisle and gave me away

He was so nervous he almost passed out!  Maybe the wool blend tux had something to do with that?

Fly Guy and I as husband and wife!

My favorite picture of us.  He just looks so happy.
We kept saying over and over again..."I can't believe we are married!"

My cousin Pauline made the cake as her gift to us.
Three layers, chocolate with chocolate ganache filling, white chocolate with raspberry vanilla bean creame and lemon with lemon fluff filling.
 
I DO..purchased off of ebay for $12.00, spray painted black.

Bride and Groom.

Here is the entire wedding party
 
and a few pictures of my daughter who was my Maid of Honor

and my son who was also a groomsmen


and Fly Guys son who was his best man

Wearing his JROTC Naval Uniform.

We had a lovely wedding and gorgeous reception without breaking the bank.  It just goes to show that you don't have to spend tons of money on the wedding, it's the marriage that matters.

Thank you for sharing our special day...
Thank you FG for marrying me, I would do it again in a heart beat.


Joyeux Anniversaire avec l'amour!

Audra

15 comments:

Beth said...

Happy Anniversary! I love that you wore a RED dress to get married in! Thanks for sharing more photos.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Awesome wedding and I love your red dress! You can do it inexpensively and it can be special on a small budget.

Mandi said...

Woot woo! Happy anniversary! I love the "I Do" at your beautiful cake. :)

Mimi said...

Wonderful pictures, Audra...love that red dress. Happy anniversary to you and Fly Guy...tomorrow is my youngest grandson's 7th birthday, too.

Jennifer said...

I love your rockin' red dress girlfriend!!! You look beautiful!!!

Mimi said...

HI AUDRA!!!!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!
oh you are so lucky!!!!
07-07-07
that is an awesome wedding date!!!!I love it!!!!
My friends son was born on 6-7-8 and I tell her all the time, I am so glad you held him in there til 2 a,m, on the 6th!!!!
I love great dates!!!
hugs,
jamie
ANd I LOVE that RED dress!!!!!

Quilting in My Pyjamas said...

Happy Anniversary Audra and Flu Guy! So nice to see pictures of him and the rest of the family.

You were such a beautiful bride. Love the fact you rocked in red. I always wanted to and bowed to peer pressure.

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish said...

Beautiful! LOVE the red dress! We did red and black for our wedding too!

sexy strapless dress said...

Awesome photos! Best wishes for your anniversary. I like that red wedding gown very much. Well thanks for such adorable post.

Cynthia L. said...

Beautiful wedding! You did rock the red. You and FlyGuy looks so happy. I love the little girl dresses with the petals in the skirt - it is a lovely touch. Happy Anniversary and many more.

Rhonda said...

wow Audra! your wedding was so beautiful and stylish. You really have a good eye for putting cool things together.
And I love your red wedding dress! I am guessing your family and guests are still talking about it.
Thanks for sharing, I am still smiling thinking about how pretty it was.
and Happy Annivesary!

Melissa Miller said...

WOWEEEEE!!!! Audra you are one of the most beautiful brides I have ever seen in my entire life. You look gorgeous and the dress is totally fantastic in red! I have never seen it done before and you really did it justice. What a perfect date too. He! I love it!

Thanks for coming by for a sweet visit. ~melissa :)

Jan @ bobbypins boardwalk said...

I would never be able to pull off a red wedding dress -- but you did! It is beautiful and so are you!

Leslie @ goodbye, house! HELLO, HOME! said...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
I love THE PICTURES!
What a beautiful day!!
The little girls in their flower girl dresses looked so adorumble--those are silk petals inside the outer layer of tulle? How gorgeous!
I would have come for the cake!!
;)
I am a sucker for wedding cake!
Mark and I got married July 22nd, so our anniversary is coming up, too!
You cannot deny that Fly Guy and JROTC guy are father and son!
What a lovely day!
(I can't believe you're married!!)
heehee!
Hugs,
~me
P.S. Did I mention how much I loved seeing the pictures?

Betsy said...

Love the red dress, really enjoyed looking at the pictures.
Betsy