Thursday, June 24, 2010

Decorating with Garage Sale Finds

Hello, Hello!  I know I have been MIA, but girls, I did not plan on the adventures I had over the past week.  First College Diva had 21st Birthday and a few of my friends and I took her out for a drink and some karaoke.  Good Times!  Then Friday I had a surprise visit from my middle sister Sassy Frugal who has been kind of MIA in my life for nine months. It was fantastic to catch up with her and have her go through my stuff I have been getting rid of.

Seriously...I have been trying to purge so much in case we move...I can not handle packing up all these treasures even if I love them.  So I had both sisters over to go through some things then called a few friends to do the same.  Then four boxes dropped off at St. Peter's Thrift and I am starting to see the light of day!

Saturday big family gathering for father's day, birthdays and an engagement celebration.  Sunday was Father's Day and another family gathering with In-Laws and Monday spent getting College Diva ready to head back to Flagstaff.  Waited to take her up until Tuesday morning just to see what the fires were going to do.  

I had been going through boxes, closets and misc. places I like to hide things.  While I have been lamenting on what my "style" is, I realized that I like many different styles but I wanted to make things more cohesive. 

Here are a few pictures of my attempts.... All items purchased at Garage Sales, Thrift Stores, Clearance or with gift cards or birthday cash.

These pictures were purchased with birthday cash from my mother in law.  On Wednesday I stopped by New To You Upscale Resale in Peoria, Arizona.   This fabulous store is worth the drive ladies as it has clothing and home items.  These pictures were on serious clearance from $39.99 each to $10.00 each.  I have been looking for some pictures to put on this wall and I just love the colors and West Indies feel to them.

 They are over four feet tall and two feet wide.  The little wrought iron piece I picked up a few weeks back at a garage sale for .50 cents.

The two metal "vases" are brand new from Home Interiors that I picked up NIB for $3.00.  The chest next to it was purchased from a consignment store, My Sister's Attic for $6.00.  Books from various thrift stores $1.00 to $2.00 each.
Cloche, $5.00, metal base $2.00 both from Garage Sales.  Crowns $2.00 each at Hobby Lobby as well as the tassel which was on the 80% mark down aisle costing $.90 so I bought two of them.  Lamp also from My Sister's Attic $15.00.
Apothocary jar purchased in Massachusetts and carried on the plane to Arizona, thrift store purchase $5.00. Plate holder $1.00 at Garage Sale and Harvest Gold Platter from Pier One, purchased at New To You with Birthday money $8.00.

Chanticleer, purchased at Garage Sale, for $10.00.

With the exception of the pictures and the platter, all items were previous purchases that were either in another place in my house or waiting for me to discover them.

I am pretty pleased with my progress....
Linking up with Debbie over at Debbie Doos Loves Livin in the Carolinas , Garage Salen Party
 

A Tout Alors!

Audra

19 comments:

Jennifer said...

you Go girl!!! I love all your awesome finds!!! Looks great too! Great deal on the crowns!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Looking really good!! Love all your great finds.

Donna said...

Wow! You found some great treasures! My very favorite is the glass cloche. And I love the rooster, too! Saw you over at Debbie Doos :)

Liz said...

Hey! Aren't you doing the Sorority thing??? You should! :)

You have done a great job of pulling everything together. I think it looks fabulous and not one bit bargain! :)

~Liz

Alicia said...

You scored with those pictures. I love them and love the price, especially because they are big! I love everything but especially those crown! Arizona has the best thrifting I must say. I remember thrifting in Phoenix with my mom and aunts, that must be where I got my love of thrift stores and yard sales.

Aubrey said...

Girl~ you amaze me with your thriftiness!!! LOVE your table-do! You are blessed with the talent of finding the treasure in the trash! :) Have a fabulous weekend!

Debbie said...

Hi Audra....so glad you could join the party. Look at that rooster....I love him...!!~The jar filled with pasta is a great score....funny you carried it on the plane with you...had to have it!!~ Thanks for joining in, so glad you did. Debbie

Mimi said...

HI!!!
Great wall decor!!!!!
I love what you did!!!!
So you may be moving???
What is going on to make you want to move from here???haha
hugs,
jamie

Liz said...

WOW, everything looks wonderful! I love how you pull everthing together...AMAZING! XO ~LIz

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble said...

Some great treasures and it all looks fantastic!!

Debbie

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

Just found your blog from debbiedoos party! I love those pictures and what a frugal purchase! I just started a decorating blog that is done on a strict budget so I can appreciate a great buy!! You have a new follower!

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

Lots of fun finds! I have the same H.L. tassle tha I got on clearance as well! Love it.

Leslie @ goodbye, house! HELLO, HOME! said...

I am NOT surprised by all your finds--however, I give you a black eye for those 2X4 pictures.
I was going to mail you something--then I see you are changing/defining your style--that's good, but what I found won't really go--so, back to Hobby Lobby I go ;)
I have missed you and your posts--so happy you had fun family time--but don't leave us alone for so long! We get separation anxiety!
Hugs sweet thang!
~me

Leslie @ goodbye, house! HELLO, HOME! said...

P.S. I will be linkin' my finds next week--
Ooooh! I think you will be surprised!
Also, found a spot for my presents from you---will post about that, too!
You'll be surprised by where they went! ;)

Quilting in My Pyjamas said...

Total score on the pictures!

Some people just have a knack for putting things together and spotting a bargain. I am utterly convinced you are one of those people.

Have you ever thought about becoming one of those room designer people?

HollyC said...

Wow! Boy, do you know what your doing!! What beautiful pieces you've added to your home...for next to nothing! Great finds and Great style! Thanks for sharing.
~Holly

Charlotte said...

Wow! You did good! Love everything!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Love that whole area with the chest, Audra! Great finds you got there! I know what you mean about the packing up. We went on the market last summer {wound up coming off the market}, but I packed up and yard saled so much of my stuff. I left some boxes packed up because I don't know if I could go through it all again!

sexy strapless dress said...

Great finds! Adorable collection. It gives superb look to home. Thanks for sharing their photos here. I am looking for the same for my new home. So, I got idea from this post.