Thursday, June 3, 2010

Happy "Almost" Birthday To Me!

Hello!  I feel like I have been gone sooo long! 

I suppose if you consider I hardly posted in May and am just getting around to getting my life back to some semblance of abnormal then yes... I have been gone a while.


As the title states, it's almost my birthday.  I remarked to a co-worker that I am only "celebrating" the ones with zeros at the end of them.  This year is a null and void. 


In light of the major purge I have been doing, I am desperately trying not to bring more stuff into the home....unless...I really. really. really. love. it.  I need a clean slate....back away from the stuff Audra.


Yeah...I know, I sound tough, until I am walking down the aisle of my grocery store and spy these.
Uh Huh...


What...are...THEY...doing...here?  On sale?  Only a dollar each?  *GASP* (seriously, I did gasp, right there in Albertson's home stuffs aisle)  I. must. have. these.  They are on my list of must haves....really.  honestly.  for reals!



Brown square plates.  Have you ever seen such gorgeousness? Four lovely chocolate brown plates.  Yep.  Do the math...four dollars.  I held back from buying eight of them.  It was hard, but I only got four.


Uh-huh.  I wanted...I coveted...I NEEDED them!


See why?



They have been on my hit list for nearly a year now.  Every time I look I can't find brown plates and here they are in MY grocery store.  Who da thunk it? 


I felt like the universe dropped an early gift into my lap.  *sigh*....  Happy....Birthday...toooo....meeeee!


I refrained, restrained...from buying the brown squarish bowls.  It was hard, but I did it, well at least for today I did.  Whose saying that tomorrow I won't need to buy four bowls as another almost birthday gift?  I'm just sayin'!  I might need those little tiny bowls for something.


Oh, by the way!  Thanks for all of you who left comments or emailed me telling me that this is a regular thing that bloggers go through.  I was really feeling put out with myself.  Now I feel like I am on the right path.  You all RAWK!


I am thinking of a cool giveaway coming up on June 5th. (the real birthday...) stay tuned, who knows what kind of craziness could be coming your way.

Linking up with Leigh from Tales of Bloggeritaville Thrifty Thursday.

Ta Ta For Now...


Mmmwwwaaahhh!

Audra

8 comments:

Rhonda said...

happy "almost" birthday to you Audra

I've missed your fun posts

Mandi said...

Well happy almost birthday then! I hope you do celebrate all weekend long. . .and I love the plates.

Mimi said...

Those a beauties, Audra. They look almost like a cocoa color...just think of all the colors you can put with them.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that plate!! I was at Bed Bath & Beyond once and found GOOD PLASTIC wood grain ones...for a BUCK EACH!!! *heaven* :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Love the Decor! said...

THis is one time you need to go back and get the other four or you will regret it!!
Happy "Almost" birthday!! Enjoy

Linda said...

Happy 'almost' Birthday to you on June 5th...mine is the 9th and a biggie and I've been trying to handle it by doing giveaways. It has helped....come by and check out the very last one if you have time.

June Babies Rock!

Linda

Quilting in My Pyjamas said...

Happy Almost Un-Birthday Audra.(since you arent celebrating the ones without zeros)

The plates do look awesome and the universe was hoping you would find them because they were such a bargain. It's all good. It would have been the wrong thing to do if you didnt buy them!

Can I also say Welcome Back !

Leslie, the Home Maker said...

There you are!
I missed you, but I understand--some days--i just cannot think of anything to blog about, or I am too tired, or busy!
Happy almost Birthday to you and me!
I thunk I woulda gotten them thar plates, too.
Just get rid of four plates you don't like--
Happy almost birthday to you--with a pinch for good luck!
Hugs!
:0)