Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Happy 21st Birthday College Diva!

My first born turns 21 today. My little girl.

I promised you I won't get mushy...I am not sure I could type through the tears... of joy and maybe a little sadness because you are moving on with  life,  growing as an adult and I still want to think of you as my little girl.

I know..."You will always be my little girl"... somehow it's not quite the same is it?  Besides, CD..you were never really good at being a little person.  You didn't know how to be a baby, walked at 7 months and ran at 7 months and 1 day.  Watching you grow and evolve into an intelligent, free thinking and independent woman has been the most amazing gift I have ever been given.


My best friend, one who has my back even when I say I want to rock a red wedding dress!

I promise to always have a shoulder to cry on, lean on or an ear to bend if you ever need it.

and I will always move over so you can come snuggle in my bed and share pillow talk.

I can't take the pain away of loosing your best friend but I will share that pain and those wonderful memories you created with Ashley.
                                                    


Your smile lights up the room. You make me laugh harder than anyone ever has.
You are a strong sister, a loyal friend and a generous person. You are the champion for the underdogs and defender of all that is right and good in this world.

Thank you for making me read "Annie Bananie" a million times to you, until it was and is permanantly embedded in my brain.
and that year you wouldn't wear shorts and wanted to wear nothing but cowgurrrl boots.
 No matter what, no matter how  old you are....

 you will always...always be my little girl.  For-Ev-Errrr!
Happy Birthday to my little, little.  I love you.
Momma...


11 comments:

Love the Decor! said...

OH HOW INCREDIBLY SWEET!!
YOU MADE ME GET A LITTLE TEARY EYED TOO.
THey just grow up so quickly and it is bittersweet isn't it! Happy Birthday to your daughter
come over and cheer up by entering my giveaway!!

Mimi said...

That was sweet...loved all the cute pictures.
Happy 21st Birthday College Diva!

Sares said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter! I've always thought the 17th was a great day to be born on, but then I'm partial! I hope all her Birthday wishes come true.
I love that you rocked the red wedding dress by the way!
Thank you for stopping by and for the Birthday greetings Audra, love your name too!

Leslie @ goodbye, house! HELLO, HOME! said...

AWWWWWWWWW! Tissues, please!
This is a wonderful love note to your gurrrl!
My oldest daughter is going to be 20 in October--I'm sure I'll be writing a post like this myself!
(Except the red wedding dress)
WHICH YOU TOTALLY ROCKED!!!
I love red!
I wish I would have been at your wedding--I'm sure it was quite a party!
(In the wedding picture--you two seriously look like sisters--I DID not know which one YOU were!)
You didn't mention the dress till below the picture--
You and CD looked gorgeous!
Did you know that my wedding was white, black and red, too??
Do you have more pictures somewhere or a post about it?
Anyway, I am so happy to see the love between you both--I love my daughters, too, and can't imagine life without them--I am a better person because of them.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO CD!!
Hugs!
~me

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

Happy Birthday CD.
Thanks for visiting my blog Mamma. And yes, it's alright for you to be a little jealous over my frugal finds!

Bonnie @ House of Grace said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter! What a sweet post. Thanks for visiting my blog. I am your newest follower.
Bonnie

Debbie said...

Awwww....this post gave me goose bumps...it was so very sweet. Your daughter does have a beautiful infectious smile....21...what a great age....I remember it well....even though it was 23 years ago...time sure does fly!

Margaret said...

Very touching. My baby girl turns 20 on the 28th, so I totally know where you're coming from.
Happy Birthday to the Diva!

linda said...

Just stopping by, and just in time to have a good cry!

What a heartwarming post about your beautiful daughter. My daughter will be 22 and I truly could have written this post myself. They sure tug at your heart don't they!? Nothing is better than a sweet, precious daughter in your life!

Quilting in My Pyjamas said...

Ms. College diva is a real beauty and I got all misty eyed reading this post too! Happy Birthday CD!

Playing catch up after a week filled with boogers in this house. I forgot how much fun sick babies are!

Mimi said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your sweet daughter!!!!AnD A NAU student!!!!
YEAH!!!!
hugs,
jamie