Saturday, June 5, 2010

Fantastic Birthday Gift!

My wonderful husband, Fly Guy is a Geek.  Certified computer, gadget,electronic geek and I love him for it. Last year for my birthday he bought me an iPod Touch.  I am rarely without that lovely, thoughtful gift.


I usually do not ask for a certain gift, I am content to let my birthday pass without much hullabaloo. This year was no exception, I didn't even make a cake (dieting).  So when I came out this morning to find a large box sitting next to a bottle of Vampire wine (I tell you this man GETS me!)and some organic chocolate bars, I knew there had to be a gadget in that box.


Large wooden box tied with string.  My man isn't much on fancy wrappings but there is lots to be said about simplistic presentation.  Inside was this beauty.
Yes...a little Cannon Elph SD1300 IS camera.  *sigh*...A baby sister for my larger Cannon Power Shot G1, which is fantastic camera, but a little cumbersome to tote around for blogging pictures.  This. is. real. love.  Seriously small enough to put into my purse and snap pictures to my hearts content. 


Isn't he just the greatest?  I sure think so!  Love that man of mine! He even bought me a case and a memory card.  Seriously...this man thinks of everything.  I *heart* him, big time!


While both cameras are charging, I am going to fix a nice cup of tea and eat a piece of toast with Nutella (dieting but still have to celebrate a little) put this bottle of wine in the wine chiller and wait for the sun to rise before hitting a few yard sales.


A biento!


Audra

13 comments:

Mimi said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AUDRA!

What a sweetie your hubby is to get you that little camera...let us know how you like it!

Lynn said...

Happy Birthday Audra!! You've got a keeper there!! He's such a thoughtful & caring man!

Have a beautiful day!

Blessings,
~Lynn

Beth said...

Sounds like you've got yourself a keeper! What great gifts. Happy Birthday (although I'm a little late, sorry!)!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wow!!! Ok...I am IN LOVE with both gifts!! I don't drink.....but I think I need that Vampire bottle!! LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Linda said...

Happy Birthday Audra!!! I got my little canon elph as an early bday present and I love it. Happy Day for you and the wine looks...ah...interesting!

Quilting in My Pyjamas said...

I think it's still your birthday (just ) Time zones make it hard to know ....

Happy Birthday Audra!

That fly guy is a keeper isn't he? What a great gift. I might just leave this post open as a hint for Mr. P...

Hope your day was full of beauty and good times.

Donetta said...

Happy Birthday!

Rhonda said...

happy birthday friend!
and cameras are so great for blogging so I am expecting lots of future posts from you.

and yum, nutella, kind of like spreadable candy in a jar

Stella said...

What a thoughtful gift. Have a Happy Birthday and take lots of photos.

Leslie, the Home Maker said...

UGH!
I missed your day--we have had a busy weekend, here, just now getting to read all my comments from last week-ugh-and I feel like a lousy friend!!
I am happy for you and your new Elph!!
What a great gift!
My dear yard sale queen friend, Ann, (we fight nicely over stuff- then decide we don't want it and give it to the other anyway) got one of those for Mother's Day! It takes almost as good pictures as my Canon SX10 IS, which is not too big, but not as sweet to tote as your new gadget!
Did you have a nice day?
Did you find any finds?
Did you drink all the wine?

I am emailing you with my addy--you are sweetness.

HAPPY BELATED 29th BIRTHDAY!!

Kristi said...

Happy belated birthday to you! And what a GREAT gift!!! SO handy to just pull out of your purse and I bet it takes fantastic pictures too!
Love the wine and chocolate, what else could a girl want? :)
Kristi

dogsmom said...

Happy Birthday!
This is even better then the treasures you found for yourself at the church sale.
You found a treasure in that man.

Tracey McBride ~ Frugal Luxuries™ said...

A belated "Happy Birthday" to you Audra!!! It sounds as if you had a wonderful day...what thoughtful gifts. :)
Love,
Tracey
x0x