Monday, May 24, 2010

Just takin' a break....

I have been remiss in keeping up with my blog.  I miss it.  I miss you.  I miss all of you and your blogs! (little bit of whine...)


I have been so busy this month with the wedding, graduations, baby shower and a bridal shower for another wedding in July.  Not to mention trying to work and have a life in the middle of this chaos.


So..I am taking a short breather.  Staying busy with de-cluttering the house and the cupboards.  Helping my sister decorate her new home on a super tight budget and spending a little time with my kiddos.  College Diva is down for the week, not much work at this time so they gave her a couple of weeks vacation (NO PAY) until June 1st.  The two of us are going through my house ruthlessly clearing, cleaning, donating and tossing things.  I can't believe how much I accumulate that I think I need to hang on to.


In the midst of all of this, I am changing my decor.  Going for a more cohesive look instead of the hodge- podge that I ended up with.  I subscribe to the theory that most of what I love will work together some how, some way.  I just have to find a way to make it less cluttered and more organized.  I am working on falling in love with my house all over again.


As you can see I have my plate full and trying to clear it off and get back into the swing of things. 
I promise to be back soon.  With stories, pictures and details of my crazy antics.


I am also entertaining the idea of starting a new blog solely dedicated to my yard sale pursuits and making this blog about the frugal pursuits. I hope I can keep the two straight or I might crash and burn.  I also am entertaining the idea of offering some of my lovely yard sale finds for sale...maybe start an etsy store?


Thoughts, comments or ideas?  Help a sistah out...I am feeling strung out and not very put together.
Just know I miss you all and I am coming back with a fresh outlook and clean home!  

PS:  Merci beaucoup to all of you who commented.  I appreciate the feed back as I am still a bit of a novice at this.  I think I will stick with Frugal Missus, it's my baby and who I am.  Regarding Junque in my trunk...well I may use this as my featurette showcasing yard sale and thrifting finds.  I use to sell on e Bay and am going to start that up as well.  I also want to be able to offer finds to you in blog land so I may open an Etsy shop in which to do that or use Junque in my trunk to offer items for sale.

You all mean the world to me!

A biento mes amis!

Audra

10 comments:

Always Nesting said...

Well...you asked.... honestly, can't you just combine the two loves and do one blog? Then you'll have more time for the pursuit of whatever life throws your way. Just a thought:)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

well...i run two blogs and work full time like u...and luckily...(knocking on wood!! LOL!) i have kept them both going for awhile now! Have fun with the daughter and hoping the cleaning goes good! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Linda said...

I agree combine your two loves into this one blog. Very hard to have two and I think they crossover somewhat anyway. I just opened an Etsy shop and I'm still waiting for my first sale. Good luck if you go that way and if I can help out I will be glad too. It is also a bit of work but once things sell I think worth it. Others have told me to have patience that it is a slow time of the year.

Eclipsed said...

I always find that once my house is in order my mind gets in order. We'll all be here for you when you're ready.

Mandi said...

I've missed you! You're one busy gal. When things calm down I'm sure you'll feel right in the mood for blogging again, right?

Mimi said...

HI!!!!
I SOOOO UNDERSTAND!!!!
I so understand, I have several things I am working on right now too, so hang in there with me too!!!!
We will never lose each other so we will wait for you and you for me!!!!
Have a great time off,
hugs,
jamie

Quilting in My Pyjamas said...

I cant offer advice (my brain is fried) but I'm sure you'll feel better once you've decluttered and whatnot.

Until then, I will look forward with pleasure to your return. Enjoy your break.

Debbie said...

I have a second blog for giveaways and I can't keep up with it! Good luck:)

decorator to the stars said...

AUDRA, ARE THERE STILL LEMONS GROWING IN AZ :) GIO

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

Hi Audra!

I just read this post and thought to myself, "Now how can she be living my life?" LOL Summers are always crazy and sometimes I just want to walk in the house, shut and lock the door and just take a few breaths. Which to be honest, I do from time to time!

Planning and being involved with so many events, you make sure to take a little time for you now and again!

I hope you are having a wonderful day!