Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I'm dreaming of a blue wedding...

No, not mine.  I had more of a black, dark red and ivory wedding.  My cousin or my second cousin if you want to get technical.


Sunshine girl is getting married on May 15th.  She and her groom are young, just starting out, with little money.  As families do, we have rallied around them all working on parts to make the ceremony beautiful on a shoe string budget (my favorite!)


Her colors are pale blue, silver and white.  Unfortunately an illness has kept her mother from being as involved in the planning as she wanted to be.  I was thrilled to be asked to help out.  They were impressed with my  DIY...wedding.  Super Frugal and very beautiful (if I am allowed to brag...)



She will be getting married in the same spot with the same arch that Fly Guy and I were married under nearly three years ago.

Yes...I rocked a red dress.  More on that later.


I have been traveling to Cottonwood nearly every weekend for the past month in order to help get things ready for her wedding.


Thanks to a lovely friend who gave us several items from her daughters St. Patrick's Day wedding a few years back, we were able to save a bundle on bridal bouquets, center pieces, toasting glasses for the wedding party and misc items.  Change out the green for some silver and blue and VOILA... a beautiful bouquet.  Another cousins co-workers son got married three weeks ago, their colors were also light blue, silver and white.  She has generously donated the wedding and reception decor from their wedding. 


We are all re purposing items from our homes, vintage table clothes, crystal bowls, silver serving trays to may Sunshine Girl's wedding extraordinary.  College Diva is doing Sunshine's hair and make up saving her a bundle at the beauty salon.  Our goal is to have a gorgeous country wedding for less than $1200.00.
These are not the brides flowers...but aren't blue roses gorgeous? I found some light blue silk roses at Hobby Lobby (did I mention just how much I love this place?)to add to the brides and bridesmaids bouquets.  I will be posting more on the items I have picked up on the cheap and the wedding preparations as we go along.


Meilleurs voeux....

Audra

7 comments:

Mimi said...

HI!!!
How sweet of you and waht a dear sweet Aunt you are for taking on this big project!!!Sounds like a beautiful wedding almost ready to happen!!!!
I had some things you could have borrowed, but sounds now like you have what I would have had to offer!!!!
Have fun
hugs,
jamie

Mandi said...

Ooh I can't wait to see what you pull together!

Brandi @ Frugal Farmhouse said...

seriously you must post more info! I would love to know what you guys do.. I am planning a wedding with those colors as well.. and would love to see your variation.. and I need some frugal ideas!

Always Nesting said...

How sweet and so much fun for you to jump in and help. Love the idea of a community of wedding planners.

Mimi said...

I am anxious to see this blue wedding, it will be beautiful!

Leslie, the Home Maker said...

How wonderfully sweet!

I know, that with you involved, she will have one gorgeous and memorable wedding!
And guess what?
I had blue flowers in my bouquet, too!
It was mainly red roses and baby's breath, but there were some blue what-cha-ma-call-its in there, too!
I love HL, too, I just blogged about it today, in fact!
I would have pulled your hair for the fleur-de-lis.

Manuela@TPOH said...

That's so nice that people have donated their wedding stuff! I can't wait to see it all put together - it sounds like it's going to be just gorgeous. Plus she'll always remember how everyone came together to make it happen.

Manuela