Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Frugal Wedding Bouquet


I am back from Cottonwood and rested up from the whirl wind week of wedding planning and wedding!  Of course in my rush to get up North I remembered my camera but not my CF Card!  UGH.  So I have to depend on others for photos of the wedding.

A few minor set backs, a couple of tense moments but the wedding went off without too many bumps.  Here is the DIY..bouquet.

This was a bouquet from a friends daughters wedding a few years back.  My dear friend had the presence of mind to triple wrap bouquet before storing it in a box.  The whites were still bright and the flowers were not crushed.



I added six light blue roses and five light blue rose buds from Hobby Lobby.  Purchased when floral items were 50% off.  Also purchased rhinestones at half price when the bridal/wedding items were 50% off.  I added ten more white roses around the base of the bouquet to make it stand out.

Added more greenery to make the blue pop and added some to the cascade to fill it out.  All in all, the total cost of the bouquet was less than $12.00!

Just goes to show what a little imagination and a lot of frugality can come up with.  We had so many compliments on the bouquet.  I want to thank my dear friend Kat and her sister Candy for creating the base of this bouquet for me to work with and for being so generous to give it to us for Sunshine Girl's wedding.

Linking to Marla at Always Nesting Woo Hoo! Wednesday and Bobbypinsboardwalk for Boardwalk Bragfest.  Head on over and see what the others have to Woo Hoo  and Brag about!

A tout alors!

Audra

8 comments:

Mimi said...

Beautiful! Sorry you weren't able to take pictures...we all do silly things at the wrong time!

Always Nesting said...

That's a beautiful bouquet. You did good. I'm hosting Woo Hoo! Wednesday and this would be a great Woo Hoo! if you'd like.

Mandi said...

Great job, Audra! You are the woman. Can't wait to find more about what you've been saving their money on.

Mimi said...

HI!!!
The bouquet is beautiful and will work out great!!!
Having friends are great for lots of different reasons huh!!!!
that is awesome!!!!
hugs,
jamie

Jan @ bobbypins boardwalk said...

Audra -- it is so funny -- I was going through my reader on my IPhone about a half hour ago and marked your post to come over and comment. I am so happy you linked to the Boardwalk Bragfest. You are such a talented lady. Those flowers are absolutely gorgeous. Just beautiful -- the way you've integrated the smaller colorful flowers with the white is marvelous. I also love how the ribbon works so well with the flowers. It's an exquisite bouquet!

Always Nesting said...

Woo Hoo! Thanks for joining the celebration.

Kristi said...

What a great bouquet!!!! I love making things like this! Fantastic! :)
Kristi

Aubrey said...

Hiya lady! Miss reading up on your blog. Fabulous job on bouquet! Hope you are doing well!