Sunday, April 4, 2010

Thrifty Treasures ~ 4/3

I have been under the weather with infection from dental work and a respiratory infection/head cold.  I was not going to yard sale this weekend until a dear friend and neighbor called to tell me she and three other friends were having a yard sale.


I have been going to her yard sales for nearly ten years.  It is a high light of my yard saling to visit her and her wonderful friends.  They have been friends since high school, thee woman and one man, and they are just hysterical to listen to and interact with.  I think I would go just for the visiting even if there wasn't shopping involved!


Glad I headed over.  I didn't get much on a grand scheme of things, but what I did get...


One friend is a marvolous cook.  She always has cookbooks, kitchen items and bake ware for sale.
I had to reign myself in, I ONLY purchased three out of the enormous stack of cook books. All cook books were .50.
I have been eyeing this beauty and was thrilled to get it!
I just want to sit right down to that plate!
I love, love, love casseroles!

There were these lovely crafting books my neighbor who was hosting the sale weaned out of her collection.
I just had to have it.
This one will be a gift for my lovely cousin Suze
For my cousin Suze.
Maybe I will get some craft inspiration from this one???
I bought this because I had one when I was little.  It's in brand new condition.  Maybe a future baby shower gift?
I picked up six of these for two dollars.  I am always trying to find ways to create a little more room in the closet since I must share it with Fly Guy.
I saw this and it was love.  I just had to have it...$3.00
This was the first thing I laid my eyes on!  I love the eclectic look of it!  It's a picture/card hanger.  I am not sure what I will do with it, for a dollar I was willing to take the chance on making it something wonderful.

I also picked up four 3/4 length sleeved tops for my Aunt who had skin cancer removed from both arms and has to wear 3/4 or full sleeves when gardening. .50 each.  They didn't photograph so well, so you will have to take my word for it.

Also picked up five beer glasses for Fly Guy.  He loves drinking beer, tea, water from these glasses.  Less girlie than the ones we got as a wedding gift. .25 each.

I could have bought more but as I am clearing out my own home, I held back and was proud of my resistance.
 Linking up with Leigh at Tales from Bloggeritaville for Thrifty Thursday and Rhoda at Southern Hospitality for Thrifty Treasures. Head on over, see what pretties everyone else found.

à bientôt

Audra

36 comments:

Always Nesting said...

You felt that bad and you were up for the treasure hunt! My hero! You got some good stuff there, girlfriend.

Cynthia L. said...

You really scored at this garage sale! What great books you found. I have passed a few sales, but didn't have the time to stop - Grrr... I hope that I will have time to try to find some deals like you did!

Beth said...

Sorry you are feeling bad. You got some great cookbooks at the yard sale! I hope you and your family had a blessed Easter.

Melanie said...

You hit the jackpot. I love cookbooks and I would love that first one.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

wowwwwwwwwwwwww! great finds!!! hope U feel better soon! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

The Tattered Cottage said...

I am a sucker for books and you really scored with the ones you got. "Bake until Bubbly" looks like it would have some yummy recipes and what fun you will have with the crafty books.
Toni

Quilting in My Pyjamas said...

Hi Audra,

Bet you're glad you went to that garage sale. I'm another fan of the books.

Can we not talk about the dentist? I am going to have to go this week after a notable absence. Just thinking about the dentist sends me into a panic attack.

Hope your Easter weekend was relaxing and happy.

Pat Harris said...

I hope you're feeling much better by now and are enjoying the books. My favorite thing after finding cookbooks is to come home and look through them. You found so many good things that I don't know which are my favorites. I like the card holder. That is way cool. I guess I love it all. Sounds like a wonderful sale and I'm wondering what you passed up. The thoughts of a true junker! Ha ha Thanks for visiting junkblossoms. We hope you visit again soon. Blessings, Pat

Margaret said...

The card holder looks like an old box spring! Intrigued!

Mimi said...

Audra, hope you are feeling better. You got some great cookbooks and craft books. I love the bag on the cover of the Sew Many Bags Sew Little Time. That is a really cool looking card holder.

Aubrey said...

geez lady! Can I borrow your friends? ;) LOVE the cookbook, I just made some breakfast muffins this morning and was thinking how much I really need to get some new cookbooks! Usually I can find good deals on nice ones at TJMaxx...maybe I'll go thrifting this week...its been ages! Love to see all your great finds. I may have to move to Arizona!:) Hope you have a fabulous week!

Lindsey said...

Oh I envy all your great finds!! I live in Utah and have to drive miles to find a good sell. You did a great job, I love all those reference books.

Audra said...

wow some really great finds... i always want to go yard selling but when saturday morning comes i always want to sleep in! :) sorry to hear that youre not feeling well... hope you get better soon!!

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

The cookbooks look fabulous. You found some cool stuff. Thanks for visiting my blog & leaving me a comment.

Michelle said...

Great deals. I hope you are feeling better soon.

:) Michelle

Wendy said...

You found some really great stuff!

Liz said...

I always have a hard time walking past a good decor book or crafting book or cook book....see a pattern? :)

You got some amazing deals... Show what you end up doing with that wire thingy. I can't figure that one out!

I hope your feeling better. I had some major dental work done on Friday. It wasn't supposed to be, it just ended up being a bigger project than the Dentist originally thought. Yuck!! I feel for you. :(
~Liz

Angie said...

You did good! Love the picture hanging thing!

Leslie, the Home Maker said...

Yep, would knock you over for the candle holder and card holder...
oh! did I step on your foot? I am really (not) sorry.

Cute finds, girlie!
I hope you are feeling better today??
The two words that always get me out of bed?
YARD SALE!!!

Mimi said...

HI!!!!Audra!!!I hope you are feeling better by now, tooth issues are NOT fun, I hate it in fact!!!
I have been there.
Glad you went to the sale though, look at all that great stuff you got!!! Wonderful things!!!!
love all those books!!!!
I love that you speak a little French or do you speak alot of French???
Love that language!!!!I so need to learn that, would not that be soooo cool!!!!
How is daughter doing up North???SO nice up there now I bet!!!!
Hugs,
jamie

Donetta said...

Oh how I do hope your feeling rested tonight take it easy so you can heal.
Love the treasures the candle holder the most.

Sandy said...

Looks like you had a great day "saleing"! Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting, I heart comments!

Leslie, the Home Maker said...

You make me laugh!
Thank you.

Laura Lynn said...

I'm addicted to thrifting too - thanks for stopping by my blog.
I LOVE the wire card holder. That's right up my alley. Good finds!
I'll be following and checking back.
Thanks,
LL

Alma said...

Wow--you scored some great stuff! Those craft & recipe books are awesome, and I have to say, I am in love with that candle holder! Keep on thriftin', you do it very well lol!

Wishing You A Fast Recovery,
Alma @ La Vida Es Bella

The Thriftress said...

What an amazing haul! Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks for visiting & following my blog. i'm following you back. So great to meet like minded gals!
Sarah

Auntie Cake said...

Looks like you found some wonderful things! Love all those books, and that card holder is totally cool. I know you will have loads of wonderful ideas for it!
KAte

Julee said...

What wonderful treasures your hunt yielded!

I'm a new Friday Follower! Visit me at http://www.jonbonjovious.blogspot.com and sign up for my newest giveaway!

Anny said...

Those are some sweet deals! I love cookbooks and that "Cook Until Bubbly" reminded me its lunchtime ;)

-K said...

I'm your newest follower from FF. Can't wait to read more, stop by my blog sometime! Happy FF!

-K
http://mypottyseat.blogspot.com/

Heavenly Savings said...

Cute Blog!!! I’m another new follower! Feel free to check out my blog as well! http://heavenlysavings.blogspot.com
Happy Friday Follow! Hope to Blog with you again soon!

One 2 Try said...

Only buying 3 cookbooks? Wow that is self restraint. It is nice to see you part of Friday Follow! Have a wonderful weekend. Rita @ One 2 Try.

Santa's Gift Shoppe and Ideas said...

Hi..I’m Barb from Fri. Follow. I am your newest follower. I hope you will get a chance to visit my blog @ santasgiftshoppe.blogspot.com
& get inspired by something for your family/home. I hope you will follow me as well.
Also I'm having a Link Party Monday April 12th called "My Creative Space" @ Santa's Gift Shoppe Year Round..Would love you to join in.

Kristi said...

HI there and thanks for stopping by my blog! :)
Love all your finds! I am a thrift junkie! Lidia is one of my FAVORITES, you did good! I am really loving your blog and and now a new "follower". Glad to meet you! :)
Kristi

Kristi said...

ps- Im sorry to hear about your dental work and infection. I have had my second root canal in this past month the other day, so I can totally sympathize with you! NOT fun! Feel better soon :)
Kristi

Mr Monkey said...

Hi -I'm a new follower of you from FF.http://laughingmonkeystick.blogspot.com/For every follower that joins I will be releasing a Unicorn back into the wilds of the New Jersey boardwalk. So please do your part by joining and saving these special creatures. Thanks
Mr. Monkey