Tuesday, April 13, 2010

One sided conversation

Ever have a day where you walk in and instantly know shenanigans have been underfoot while you were away.

I see the destruction as soon as I walk into the dining room. 

ME:  Are you KIDDING ME?
        
        What have you two been up to?

        Are you seriously telling me that my linen tablecloth is on the floor and you had NOTHING  TO DO   WITH IT????

        SERIOUSLY????

        What the HECK do you have to say for yourselves?

        NOTHING?  Nothing at ALL?

       and you broke a glass?  What the heck were the two of you up to?  Who started the rough housing?  You....maybe You??? 

       Do YOU think you OWN the PLACE when I am not HERE?
 


       Long Pause......

       Ah, don't sit there looking right through me, you know what you did!  

      Don't you turn away...listen to me.  I pay the bills around here.  

       I am at your beck and call, I take care of you and THIS . IS. THE. THANKS. I. GET?????

     Oh, now you want to look right through me huh?  Ok.(deep sigh)  maybe you should just go to bed without any...  DINNER!

   What have got to say for yourselves?  Huh???  NOTHING???


I guess at this point I should mention I am launching this tirade at these two ladies.

Ling

and

Ludo 
(we thought she was a boy kitty!)

Uh huh.  It's official.  I have become the Crazy Cat Lady.  
I  talk to my cats like they are children. 
I need serious help...I think.

Audra

14 comments:

Linda said...

No I think you are perfectly sane! I talk to my fur child and I even think he understands me. He will 'talk' back sometimes but mostly he just looks at me. Felines!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

LOL!! U are tooooooooooooo cute!!! Its ok...really....I have to have convo's with my doggy too!! LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Mandi said...

Dude-- I was totally thinking you were talking about kids and I was about to commiserate. . . LOL!

Audra said...

I know! I was talking to them like kids and they are looking at me like...WTH????

Deep end really doesn't looks so bad...

Mimi said...

I just knew it was kitties you were talking too, Audra! Mine do the same thing and then almost smile when I am giving them a tongue lashing!

Melissa Miller said...

HeHe! This is just too cute for words. I can relate.

They are gorgeous babies!
*Smiles*

Kristi said...

LOL LOL LOL I can totally relate. Not to cats, but I grew up with horses and one of my guys used to let himself OUT of his stall and take a roll of toilet paper (with his mouth) and shake his head UP and DOWN until the entire thing was rolled out, lol. He loved it, I did not (well I did think it was cute the first couple of times!!!) So I'm a crazy animal lady too :)
Kristi

Tracy F. said...

What beautiful cats and such a cute post!

Linda said...

LOL! Pets sure add a lot to life, don't they?

Audra said...

lol yeah I'm the same way... except I have 6 cats... so I win the crazy cat lady contest!! lol and your cats are totally adorable!! :)

Quilting in My Pyjamas said...

I do the same thing with our zoo here.

I kind of like crazy cat ladies anyway.

Always Nesting said...

This is too funny. I, too, have conversations with my dog and I swear she answers me with her eyes. It's like sign language only with her eyes. Yeah, I'm the crazy dog mom.

decorator to the stars said...

AUDRA, I SORT OF THOUGHT THAT'S WHERE THE STORY WAS GOING, I DO THE SAME THING, CRAZY CAT LADIES HAVE MORE JUNQUE DON'T YOU KNOW LOL. LUDO LOOKS LIKE MY KITTY THAT DIED SEVERAL YEARS AGO HIS NAME WAS NERO WHICH MEANS BLACK IN ITALIAN. FROM ONE CRAZY CAT LADY TO ANOTHER, I WOULDN'T HAVE IT ANY OTHER WAY. CAN YOU IMAGINE LIFE WITHOUT CATS, WHO WOULD WE TALK TO!!!!!

Melissa Miller said...

Audra you are a sweetheart! I so appreciate you taking the time to understand my recent post to the fullest and for writing such a thoughful comment. You're the best my friend. I adore you and your your blog!

~Blessings, ~Melissa :)