Monday, April 12, 2010

Made My Day....

Today was a rough day.  I was a bit run down, had to work an 11 hour shift and just dragging by the time I got home.  You know...bone. tired...deep. down. bone. tired.  I must of looked pretty haggard when I walked in the door, because The Reluctant Teenager said "I have something to cheer you up".


Was he ever right.  A package, pour moi, from my dear blogging friend Joan from Decorator to the Stars.  I can't tell you how much I adore this lady.  Not only is she an amazing woman, she is a decorator, jewelry maker, crafter, junquer, scavenger and seller of all things beautiful (imo...) she also provides props for Hollywood movies.  Now how is that for the perfect job???

In the package was this lovely key chain...Sorry the picture quality is not so great, but I am learning how to work this camera Fly Guy "gave" me.   
It says "Junque in my trunk".  How stinkin' perfect is that for me??? I will tell you, it's 100 % perfect.  I often joke about changing the name of my blog or the tag line to "I ALWAYS HAVE JUNQUE IN MY TRUNK".  Seriously.


She makes these gorgeous necklaces out of spoons and then stamps sayings and words on them.  The two I have purchased from her say... "Junk Gypsy" and "Bohemien de bazar"  I get loads of compliments on these when I wear them.  First of all no one realizes it's an actual vintage spoon!  The Reluctant Teenager calls them my "Junkin' Dog Tags!"


But spoons are not her only medium, see what she has done with watch faces. These also get me loads of comments and compliments.
Then there are the bottles.  I have three at present count but will be adding a few more to the collection ...perfect mothers day gift!


So run over and check out what Joan has going on her blog...I promise you, she will have something wonderful to show and sell!


Merci beaucoup Jean, du fond de mon coeur!


Audra

8 comments:

Aubrey said...

Aww sorry you had such a long day! I'd be bone tired too!

Your stuff IS stinkin' cute! You should totally change the name of your blog...I think it fits!

Hope you have a wonderful week!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sorry U had a long day....but what AMAZING gifts to come home too!!!! WOW!!! LOVE THEM ALL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Linda said...

Such a fun item to brighten a long, hard day! Just great items!

Mandi said...

I'm sorry you had a rough day-- the key chain is awesome!

Kristi said...

Sorry your day was yucky!! I LOVE that keychain and it would fit me PERFECTLY!! LOL :)
Kristi

decorator to the stars said...

AUDRA, GLAD YOU ENJOYED IT, THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE "PRESS" MERCI, mon plaisir GIO

Always Nesting said...

Wonderful to go home to such a sweet surprise after a long day.

Angie said...

Those are some awesome pieces! I'll have to check out your friend's blog. Hope you got some much needed rest.