Monday, April 19, 2010

Greatest Gift A Mom Could Ask For...

I had to lock myself away today to get some paper work done that needed to be done NOW!  I procrastinated thought I had another week to do it and found out I had to get it in by Wednesday.  I know, nothing like cutting it short.

I headed to the office, told the Reluctant Teenager I would fix dinner when I emerged.  

Two hours later I came out to fix dinner and this is what greeted me.


He cooked dinner!  I wish I had pictures of him doing it and all the prep, but you get the idea.  He made spaghetti substituting macaroni noodles instead of spaghetti noodles since I used the rest of them up in Prairie Woman's Chicken Spaghetti (which is FABULOUS!) and I haven't been to Costco to replenish my stock.


Now, Reluctant Teenager, enjoys helping out in the kitchen and will cook a few things to eat, but he doesn't normally fix dinner.

I am touched.  I cried.  It embarrassed him.  A bunch.  A whole, whole bunch.

Then he said, "Great, now you are really going to loose it when you see what else I did!  Please don't get all snotty on me!" ( Nice...I know, the stuff they say!)


Yep...those are my clothes.  He folded them for me!  

I lost it.  A lot.  I almost got a bit snotty...(cry so hard your nose starts running?)

I hugged the stuffin' out of that kid and thanked the good Lord for letting me have this one sweet boy.

My husband doesn't cook or do my laundry or fold it.  

I think my son might be pretty good husband material....someday.
I love this man-child!

Audra

11 comments:

Mandi said...

Dude! Such a sweet guy! Definitely definitely awesome husband material some day.

Linda said...

AHHHHHHH that is so sweet. I love it when they surprise you like that. Such love and thoughtfulness.

Melissa Miller said...

That is awesome! What a great young man he is. *Smiles*

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

*awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww* how sweet! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Linda said...

Oh...such a sweet post...and such a thoughtful son!

Kristi said...

Awwwwwww what a great boy you are raising!! And yes he will make a great husband! I love this post! :) I hope my boys do the same when they get older!
Kristi

Leslie, the Home Maker said...

Hey!
How old is that sweet boy that might be pretty good husband material?
I have a 19 year old daughter and an almost 16 year old daughter- (the 16 year old one is still too young- well, maybe the 19 year old one, too).
They are sweet, too, and are blonde and blue-eyed ;)
What an awesome, son!
My girls surprise me too, with love too!
BTW--I nominated you for a Sunshine Award today :)
Check it out at:
http://goodbyehousehellohome.blogspot.com/2010/04/you-are-my-sunshine-my-only-sunshine.html
Blessings as you make your home today!
P.S. He must love you a lot to help you out, and that is saying a lot about your love for him!

Quilting in My Pyjamas said...

Awwwwwwwwwww that reluctant teen is one awesome person. Loved his humility as well...

Mimi said...

What a sweet child...they do surprise us once in awhile, don't they?

Aubrey said...

Aww how thoughtful and sweet! Ya know it takes a good mama to have such a caring son! Have a great week!

Mimi said...

Hi Audra!!!!
Oh my I almost cried reading that psot about that darling son of yours, what a sweetheart and boy he is sure a great kid for sure!!!!
I love different noodles with spagetti sauce so It looked pretty yummy to me, I love LOVE goulash so it looked like that to me!!!!!
folded laundry, he should win an award!!!!!Greatest teenager for the year!!!!!
Glad you are home!!!!
Hugs,
jamie
is darling daughter graduating this year or next?????