Thursday, April 15, 2010

A Frugal Birthday Gift...

My cousin Suze had a birthday last month, unfortunately I was a bit under the weather and didn't send her gift to her.  I am so fortunate to have family that loves vintage, thrifted, antiqued, found or made gifts.  Suze loves Victorian inspired items, doilies and hankies.  She is also an accomplished seamstress, cake decorator and budding artist.

For her birthday this year I found some lovely items that will fit nicely in her home.

Pair of pictures featuring Victorian footwear $1.00 for the pair.
Seven hand made doilies and two small table scarves .20 each at St. Peter's Thrift.  $1.80

Four vintage hankies .50 each $2.00 for all
Set of ecru crocheted valences $1.00 for the pair.  

These two craft books... .50 each
and this one...

All wrapped up in a seriously discounted brown paper bag gift bag (Thank you Target, .19 each I bought 20 of them...)


Hand made tag from Someplace in Thyme.  Head on over...she has such beautiful things.

and my first ever handkerchief rose as a nod to this very talent lady, who inspires me daily to add pretty things to my surroundings and life.
Head on over to her blog, Frugal Luxeries where she is hosting a lovely give away of this book!

Rush on over, you will want this book I promise you!

Getting ready to pack up the car to head out tomorrow for a whirl wind visit with College Diva and my family.  I promise to get pictures of all that I can...
Joining in on Follow Friday
sponsored by



Jusque-là,

Audra

11 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh wow audra!!! such yummy yummy yummy finds!!! love them! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Tracey McBride ~ Frugal Luxuries™ said...

Gorgeous treasures Audra...amazing!!! Also, thank you sooo much for highlighting our little give~away I really appreciate it! Hope you enjoy your visit with your family...we're looking forward to your pictures!!
Love and hugs,
Tracey
x0x

Donetta said...

Oh I know she will love all of those treasures

Always Nesting said...

Would you like a reminder when my birthday is rolling around? :) Awesome gifts.

Heavenly Savings said...

Cute Blog!!! I’m another new follower! Feel free to check out my blog as well! http://heavenlysavings.blogspot.com
Happy Friday Follow! Hope to Blog with you again soon!

furygirl3132 said...

Those are really pretty gifts! Happy Friday Follow, I am a new follower to your great blog. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Eloise
Mommy2TwoGirls
http://mommy2twogirls.blogspot.com/

Shamrocks and Shenanigans said...

thank you for all the love on my food blog, I really do appreciate it!
Shamrocks and Shenanigans

Mimi said...

HI!!!!
Gosh those are great gifts!!!!
I love the doilies and the vintage hankies, I paid 7.00 at a cute little store in Boulder city for a vintage(NEW ) hankie!!!!!
I need to go to thrift stores!!!!!
How cool you met Lucille Ball!!!! What a treat!!!!!Her daughter in law, made a point of saying to my daughter that she was different in real life!!!!haha, wonder what that means!!!!!
Not funny or as funny?????
She was a Great actress though!!!!!
Ok, gotta run, have a great week end
gotta fix my hair!!!!
Love,
jamie

Kristen Andrews said...

just lovely

Leslie, the Home Maker said...

My birthday is in June and I expect my present ON TIME.

gift to Philippines said...

Cool gift ideas! Glad I saw this post. I've got an idea. Looking forward for your next post. Keep posting.

toni