Thursday, April 1, 2010

Decorating Books and Bed Rest

Under the weather...AGAIN...

Routine Dental work...not so routine...ended up with an infection.  First Antibiotics gave me a rash!  Now on a new round hoping infection goes away.

Dreaded allergies, cold or something moving into my chest.

Taking a few days to rest. recoup. recover.

While doing that I am browsing a few new decorating books.



Trying to find my "STYLE".  Problem is... I love all kinds of things and though I am drawn to French Elegance, I find myself pulled towards rustic, primitive pieces as well.  I feel like I am pulling from too many sources and not enough direction.  Tuscan, French, Belgian, Rustic, Victorian????What's a girl to do??? 

I feel like chucking all of it and starting over fresh, clean slate.  Ever get that feeling?  Anyone???  Ever feel like you suffer from Decorating OCD or that you are decorating impaired????  I probably need therapy or a few suggestion???
All Images: New French Decor/Paris Hotel Boutique Journal



I have done one thing...one large step in the right direction...
I have finally picked out the paint for the living room/dining room walls.  Will be painting it a Raspberry Truffle.  Can't wait to show you the walls...when I get done.
 Pittsburgh Paints.


Resting comfortably...(Thanks to pain pills and meds) and plotting to redecorate my home without chucking everything and starting over!  Wish my bed looked like this beauty from Bella Notte Linens...


Belle Notte Whisper Toile Bedding in Amethyst, Graphite, Pistachio.
( I am soooo obsessed with this site. go on...check it out...not so very frugal but oooh so decadent!)
TTFN.....

Audra

8 comments:

Mimi said...

Hope you get to feeling better soon, Audra.
There have been several times I wanted to wipe the slate clean, but have never had that luxury! I just add things that I really like and don't worry about what style it is, any longer. I do know I like color and am not afraid to use it! That bedding does look very comfy!

Linda said...

Hope you are feeling better soon! Looks like you have some wonderful reading while you recuperate!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

hope u feel better soon!!! and loving these photos!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jan @ bobbypins boardwalk said...

Audra, I'm so sorry that you're in such pain. Tooth problems can be awful. I hope you feel better soon. Interesting when you talk about finding your style -- the more I look at blogs, the more difficult it is to hold onto what I have determined to be MY style because I love what everyone else has too. At this point, I'm truly going for a cleaner, less clutter, more open look. I have to constantly remind myself of that. When I place ANOTHER candle or photo on a table, I ask myself -- does it really look better or does it just look more cluttered? In most cases, it looks more cluttered. I'm doing the major overhaul -- giving it to the kids (haha). Really -- take care of yourself, indulge yourself with ice cream!

BonjourRomance said...

Bonjour AUdra,
SOrry to hear you are under the weather, take care and get some rest. I think we all get a little Decoratoing OCD once in awile; I love the image of those gorgeous frames.
Wishing you a speedy recovery,
Mimi

decorator to the stars said...

AUDRA, WISH I WAS THERE TO HELP :) I CAN'T BELIEVE I DON'T HAVE THOSE BOOKS, HMMMMM GIO

The Thriftress said...

I feel the same way about finding my "style". I love so many different looks- but it all has to go together and accommodate family life (kids, toys etc). I do want to chuck it all some days!

Thanks for visiting my blog this week! I'm your newest follower - love any girl who's fab & frugal!
Sarah

Tracey McBride ~ Frugal Luxuries™ said...

Hello Sweet Audra,

I hope you're feeling better now...I think those gorgeous books would certainly help you forget about your infection. I am so empathizing with you on making a decorating decision...I like everything too!! I'm just, sort of, getting the hang of blending all my favorite styles. That helps because we're de~cluttering now and in various stages of chaos...but moving towards order because now I have a plan! :)

Hope you and your family have a lovely Easter!

Love,
Tracey
x0x

P.S. Thank you so much for the kind words my sweet friend, they are very appreciated!!