Sunday, March 14, 2010

Window To My Soul

I spied this wonderful rustic window at THE Rummage sale a week ago, I had to have it.  Taking the first load of goodies to the car, I saw this leaning against a piece of furniture on the way back in.  Rushing over I asked the worker how much ... He said..... are. you. ready...he said...ONE DOLLAR!


GASP!  YES!, one. dollar.  One little bitty dollar for a majestic beauty.  For those of you who follow my blog...you know I have a hard time containing my glee and have to restrain myself from the happy dance.   I did...I really held back, I said "I'll TAKE IT!" and  I paid him immediately, lest someone come back for this beauty.  He was still shaking his head trying to figure out why this crazy woman wanted this window with a broken pane.  

Because....she...is...stunning.... N'est-ce pas?  She even had the hanger thingy on the back already!


Oh he of little decorating knowledge and ability...I saw the potential.  My husband did not..."What color are you going to paint it?"  I think I almost screamed "ARE YOU NUTS????".  I apologized for my fit, but she is so gorgeous just the way she is. 



I have been out of the state the past week on family business, not much opportunity for blogging .  I promise to show case all the pretties I found at this rummage sale and catch up on everyone's blogs when I return.

Linking up with Rhoda at Southern Hospitality Thrifty Treasures. Head on over to see what lovely items she and the others joining the party picked up!

beaucoup d'amour à vous tous

Audra

16 comments:

Angie said...

Oh man, what a great deal! I love old windows!

Wendy said...

Score! What a great deal!

ThriftyAnnabella said...

Great deal!

Linda said...

Great find...can't wait to see what else you found!

sweetjeanette said...

Hi! Stopping by from Thrify Treasures. I understand full well your excitement! I love old windows! One I made into a hanging table, the others I just "look at" ! LOL
Great find!

jeanette from www.sweetjeanette.com

Mimi said...

HI!!!
OH GOSH that is a great find!!!
I love that old vintage window!!!
Love it!!!!
Great deal!!!!
was that at Cornerstone????
Love it
hugs,
jamie

Quilting in My Pyjamas said...

Can't wait to hear about all your gorgeous goodies.

And as for fly guy is he nuts? Of course you're not going to paint it! She is gorgeous just the way she is!

Tracey McBride ~ Frugal Luxuries™ said...

Your window is charming Audra!! I am looking so forward to seeing how you use it.
Love,
Tracey

P.S. Thanks again for the good thoughts...they're all so appreciated. x0x

Aubrey said...

Awww I love the window! Can't wait to see what you will do with it! You really know your way around yard sales.

Hope you have a fabulous week~Aubrey

Laura said...

My husband said the same thing when I brought one home nearly just like that. Now he just shakes his head and says, "Glad you like it..."

Connie said...

Oh men, they just don't get it do they? Love your thrifty $1 find.

Mimi said...

Great dollar find!

Marla said...

A window for a buck! Wow that is awesome! Love it. Blessings, marla

Mimi said...

HI!!!!
I have your menu selection!!!!
I also cannot wait to meet you and so many others!!!!
it is going to be a very fun day!!!!
Everyone this time will get a chance to explain quickly how they got into blogging, so be thinking about that!!!!
You will say your name your blog name and how you got started!!!!
Ok, have a great day
and yes, next year we should do the sale and then lunch!!!! great idea!!!!
hugs,
jamie

Auntie Cake said...

She is a beauty!!! I can't wait to see what you do with her! Windows are such a fun way to add texture and architectural interest to a room, but with the glass, isn't too heavy. I am sure you will make your new find feel right at home!
Kate

Brittany said...

i love old windows! i have one hanging on the wall behind my kitchen sink to protect the wall from water! i love it.