Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Unicorn Love....


Remember in the 1970's when Unicorns decorated everything?  T-Shirts, posters,puzzles, purses, unicorn stickers on trapper keepers?  They were everywhere!  Even Barbie had a Unicorn!  I was not immune, I had a serious love for unicorns.. like every other pre-teen girl in my town. On a Saturday shopping trip to town,  six of my friends and I cleaned out the entire stock of  a ceramic statuette of a unicorn  leaping over a rainbow from our  local Hallmark. 


I have fond memories of that day and of the mythical unicorn.


Until I see something like this.....

Found by my amazing friend Michelle, at a Goodwill in California. She took the picture and sent it to me,  because...we sort of send pictures of the oddities we find in the thrift stores to each other and then laugh about it.  (I know, we are soooooo coool!)


Kind of disturbing...a little bit nightmarish... Wondering why someone created this...until...

Until...She....Sent....Me....This..... You might want to hold your breath.....


Yep....
What in the name of all things holy was this person thinking?  Who told them this was ok???  

I leave you with the lovely pictures and hope you all have peaceful dreams tonight because I am sure I will have nightmares...of...this...abomination.


Oh...Michelle purchased this lovely for $1.50!  I know, you are all wishing it was yours, wondering how you could have this precious in your home....but she plans on giving it  as a gag gift to some unsuspecting soul.  I hope it doesn't end up at my house...


Ta Ta For Now...


Audra

6 comments:

Michelle said...

LMAO!!!! I think I have to keep it LOL

Cynthia L. said...

I never had unicorn love. I used to have a poster of Rasputin on my wall. I think I must have been goth before goth was ever in style. The poster hung above a chest and it made it look like he was sitting in my room! Freaked everyone out. I think the unicorn with the Santa is hysterical - really, what was someone thinking?!?!

Will be following your blog and watching to see what you are up to.

Beth said...

You and your friend ARE cool! Santa loves Unicorns?! Hehehe - thanks for the memories :)

Vicki said...

How funny...and ugly! Hey do you remember the song about unicorns?? Something about Noah and green alligators, long necked geese, camels and chimpanzee's??? And the silly unicorns..
Ok, past my bedtime...just trying to do a little catching up.

Quilting in My Pyjamas said...

Gee thanks Audra...I just added "years of therapy" to my list of things to do.

And does Santa look a little peeved or is that just me ? Even he doesn't look happy to be there!

Hope things are as good as they can be where you are. I'm thinking of you and sending all the nice things the cosmos can muster your way.

thasnifty said...

wow, who wouldn't buy that?!!! Too darn funny!

-brightest blessings-
Karina