Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Sweeney Todd....

Where was my head!  Been gone, got back, yard sale, Flagstaff to take College Diva back to dorm.  Then, back to work on Monday.  That's when Reluctant Teenager called to inform me that he had been given the position of the constablel in the West View High School performance of  Sweeney Todd. (Not the musical..Not Johnny Depp...sigh...)

Woo Hoo...uh, wait...Isn't that THE PLAY that is going on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday  of THIS WEEK? (GASP)  Thankfully he was the understudy for this part as well as two others so he had a fair idea of the role.  We've been cramming, learning lines and baking dozens of cookies for the cast and crew.  I have not had one second to myself...except now, in between doing make up for a dozen or so characters...no one knows why the make up girl didn't show???  I knew my Theatrical classes in High School and College as well as countless years of doing my make up and many others would pay off.



So... I will be MIA for most of this week, but I promise to have pictures to post of the play, rummage sale and anything else I have been taunting you with but forgetting to post....

I will be back soon!  Also Thank YOU all for such wonderful comments and well wishes regarding my step brother.  :)


ta ta for now....

Audra

7 comments:

Cynthia L. said...

Congrats. to Reluctant Teen for getting the part! You will make it through this - that is what we moms do! Don't you need to bake some cupcakes or something in addition to everything else!?!

Audra said...

Dozens upon Dozens of cookies!

Marla at Always Nesting said...

Oh how I miss those days as a busy mom to teenagers! Have fun with all the "work" and post pics when the play is over.

Mimi said...

HI!!!
BUSY BUSY BUSY!!!
welcome to my world somedays!!! not often, but sometimes!!!!
Stress is great!!!!
You are still coming Sat. right????
I hope so!!!
hugs,
jamie

Quilting in My Pyjamas said...

Whoooooooooooo Hooooooooooo reluctant teenager! Congratulations!

Audra, you're not going to turn into s stage mother now are you?

Mimi said...

Congratulations to the Reluctant Teenager...I don't envy you being the stage Mom...those stars can be pretty demanding!

Lisa said...

How exciting! I know it will be great!! Thanks for stopping by! I love meeting new blog neighbors! Your blog is lovely and have enjoyed visiting! I will be back often!
Hugs, Lisa