Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Super Saturday~AZ Bloggers Spring Tea

I had the opportunity to attend the AZ Bloggers Spring Tea yesterday!  Hosted by Sherry from Country Wings in Phoenix and Jamie from Queen Mimi Corner.  Held at the lovely Front Porch Tea Cafe in Mesa, Arizona, this was a wonderful get together of a few of the Arizona bloggers. 


I had never met any of these ladies so I was excited and thrilled to meet them and make new friends. 
I forgot my camera, (head in the clouds again) so I borrowed pictures from several of the ladies who attended.  Thanks girls!
I had mapquested the directions to the Tea Cafe only to learn half way here that one of the freeways was closed!  Not to fear, called Fly Guy who googled me to another street and gave me directions on how to get there.  I arrived on time, but about 20 minutes later than I had hopped to!  (Dang freeway construction!)


In attendance were
Charlotte @ athomeinscottsdale.blogspot.com
Tracey @ imjustyouraveragemom.blogspot.com
Marty @ astrollthrulife.blogspot.com
Julie @ thetuckerwolekclan.blogspot.com
Oliva @ olivasecretivequest.blogspot.com
Sherry @ countrywingsinphoenix.blogspot.com
Liz @ rosevignettes.blogspot.com
Char @ someplaceinthyme.blogspot.com
Sandy @ 521lakestreet-sandy.blogspot.com
Meri @ imagimeris.blogspot.com
Donetta @ jewelryatalifeuncommon.blogspot.com
Loretta @ nostalgicnana.blogspot.com
Jamie @ queenmimicorner.blogspot.com
Gail @ cupcakesandcutestuff.blogspot.com
Audra @ frugalmisses.blogspot.com (ME! I am the one with the dark hair and black shirt on fourth from the left)


I had not met any of these ladies before so I was excited and a little nervous. These ladies made me feel right at home and I had a wonderful visit with everyone.  Special thank you to Liz for making me feel extra comfortable!  She and I have daughters nearly the same age and headed towards the same goal...Law School!  She is a fabulous lady, please head over to her blog and see for yourself.  Also a shout out to Donnetta and Meri who sat next to and across from me.  Wonderful, expressive women.  Meri made these lovely tags to pass around.  I chose this one to remind me not to be "SO SERIOUS!"


Sherry brought a  yummy cake with Cherries on it ( LOVE THOSE THINGS!) and darling plates and napkins to match. 
A few of the ladies at the end of the table during the gift exchange.Sandy, Lorretta and Charlotte.

Wider shot of the entire table.




Can I tell you how much I really don't like this picture of ME????


As you can see, lots of great conversation flowing and sharing of stories and ideas.  These ladies are inspirational, fantastic and lovely.  I was honored to be a part of this group.

I encourage you to meet up with the bloggers in your area, it is an experience that is uplifting and inspiring.

Joyeux Dimanche

Audra

6 comments:

Tracey McBride ~ Frugal Luxuries™ said...

Oh Audra, what a fun, fun day!! The tea party looks amazing. Let me tell you, we are kindred spirits in the awful "hate that photo of me" kind of way too!!! You look so cute in these pictures...just that one wide shot at an odd angle...and boy don't I know about those wide shots!! All too well. I just did some videos with Katie a few weeks ago and...argh...is all I'll say about that!! :)
Love,
Tracey
x0x

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

such a fun fun fun fun day!!! loved meeting u my dearest! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Beth said...

That cake looks yummy (I love cherries too)! Looks like you ladies had a great time.

Lisa said...

Oh What fun!! I know you all had the best time!
Happy Spring!
Hugs, Lisa

Quilting in My Pyjamas said...

This looks like so much fun!

I wanna move to Arizona now! And with my uber cool Aussie accent I'd be instantly popular because I talk funny.

I'm so glad you had a good time. (I think you're gorgeous Audra even in the photo you dont like )

The Zhush said...

That looks like it was too much fun!