Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring "Break"

Haven't been around much lately to post.  Things have been hectic in my life as of late...called out of town for a step-brothers illness.  I am sad to say that John lost his fight with Stage 4 melanoma last Sunday.  I was scheduled to fly home the Friday before, but he took a turn for the worse and we stayed to be with him to the end.  After the services, we flew back and after a week and half of not being here, I had much to catch up on.


This Saturday some friends and I hosted a yard sale for another friend who lost her husband on St. Patrick's Day to Stage Four Melanoma. College Diva was home and also had a yard sale to help offset the cost of her medical bills not covered by insurance.  It was a major yard sale and where was my camera?  That's right at home!


Happy to report I did not bring much back with me, we raised over $250.00 for College Diva and $200.00 for the friend. Plus, we did loads of spring cleaning by clearing out and donating the rest to a local charity thrift store. 


Today I am taking College Diva back to Flagstaff, I wish she was staying another week!  Hard to watch her head back, though the weather should be fabulous!


Have lots of pictures of stuff picked up at the Church Rummage sale from a few weeks back.  I will get those posted later and hopefully, get back to a semi-normal life around here.


Much love....



Audra

10 comments:

Linda said...

Audra sorry for your loss. I am happy you were able to be there for him at the end. Sounds like you are ready to get back to normal. Hope you have a good day!

Beth said...

Sorry for your loss. Hope things get back to normal for you soon. Sounds like you had a great success at your yard sale!

Mimi said...

Audra, sorry for your loss, my thoughts are with you.
Glad to hear you did well on the yard sales. Still too cold and snowy here for any, yet.

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Sorry to hear about your recent losses. Sometimes life is really hard. Sounds like your yard sale was a hug success. I didn't know that you lived here in Az. I live in Surprise. There are a lot of us Az. bloggers and we get together quite often. In fact there is a lunch planned for next Saturday in Mesa with a bunch of ladies. If you would like to attend let me know. You can email me at astrollthrulife@live.com. Hope you have a wonderful week. Hugs, Marty

decorator to the stars said...

audra how is the weather there, maybe i'll come & cheer you up :) i need to get away gio

Cynthia L. said...

Audra, sorry for you loss, my thoughts are with you.

I took my college daughter back to school a week ago. It always takes me about a week to get over her being gone again. I will see her for a weekend in mid-April and then she will be home for the summer. I am sure that this will be her last summer home - there are no jobs for her here in our small town.

Glad to hear you did well on your yard sales. I really need to do one also!

Mimi said...

HI Audra!!
so glad you were so profitable at your sale, we did very well considering it was mostly clothes!!!!Had fun at the mall afterwards!!!!
Flagstaff in the spring, oh so nice!!!!
SEE you this Sat., I cannot wait to meet you!!!!
have a great week
hugs,
jamie

Quilting in My Pyjamas said...

Audra ,

I'm so glad to see you back, but am sorry for what has been going on around you and with your family. Any words I try to write feel inadequate. Just know that I'm thinking of you.

Aubrey said...

Wow it has been a hectic time for you! (((((hugs)))) Hope life gives you some normal this week! The yard sale sounded awesome! I'm hoping to start yard sale-ing again =) the weather is getting better here.

Stella said...

Sorry to read of the loss of your brother. Sounds like your garage sale was a success for all involved. Perhaps you can relax and breathe now. Blessing for you and your family.