Sunday, February 21, 2010

Spring Flowers

Friday afternoon, quick trip to a small market to pick up Fly Guy's favorite organic coffee.  I spy bunches of roses and colorful bouquets of flowers marked down from Valentines day.  Several in remarkably wonderful condition.  


Three bouquets of lilies reduced from $6.99 each to $1.75.  Three bunches of not opened blooms waiting to suprise me with their color and fragrance.  $5.25 seemed a small price to pay for their beauty.  Two days later they are starting to open...so breathtaking, promising to brighten the rainy weekend we've had.   Making me smile at their loveliness.


bon dimanche!

Audra

7 comments:

Linda said...

I love flowers and I buy the discounted one's frequently! Those are so very pretty!

Tara said...

You lucky girl. I love lillies. They let off such a sweet fragrance.
Hugs,
Tara

Mimi said...

Sweet deal! Love the smell of lilies, once in awhile they are so fragrant they can be overpowering, but not often!

All My Yesterdays said...

great find and what we all need this time of year... Enjoy!!

~Vicki~

decorator to the stars said...

AUDRA, THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL, CAN'T WAIT FOR SPRING TO BE HERE, SO MANY PROJECTS. IT'S RAINING HERE ALSO, MELTING THAT DIRTY SNOW :) GIO

Tracey McBride ~ Frugal Luxuries™ said...

Hi Audra...such frugal luxuries to be sure!
Warmly,
Tracey
x0x
P.S. I really like the vase you placed them in too!!

Adrianna said...

What a fab deal! Do they smell as sweet as they look? I def. need more plants around my humble abode.