Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Getting Back Into The Swing Of Things...

Do you recall the saying "time flies when you are having fun"?  It also flies when you are recouping/recovering and trying to catch up on two weeks worth of house work.


Thank you all  for the wonderful, thoughtful comments on my migraine post.  I have been working with a nutritionist and a new doctor to get these episodes under control.  I appreciate everyone sending their good wishes my way, I certainly needed them, as I had back to back migraine episodes and had to get some serious "horse tranquillizer" at the Emergency Room just to be able to sleep. I highly recommend it, NOT! 


Back to work this week, playing catch up and sorting through tons of emails.  Also trying to get the kitchen back in shape after Fly Guy and The Reluctant Teenager had to fend for themselves for 11 days.


I have did manage to pick up my produce basket on Saturday, what a load of stuff we got this time around.  So much that I will not have to buy for at least two weeks!  


 

Mmm. pickling cucumbers are perfect for sandwiches.  Can't wait to steam the asperagas tonight for dinner.  It's Fly Guy's favorite.

I am seeing some salsa in our near future!  Tomorrow perhaps?  Avocados still hard as a rock.  Trying to rippen them with paper bag and apple method. 


 

Limes and tomatillos.  I have only made tomatillo salsa once, and really liked it, however this time I am going to roast the tomatillos first then make a chunky salsa instead of a sauce.

Being a huge fresh fruit fan, I was thrilled to see citrus,pears and pink lady apples in the fruit portion of the basket.  Bosc, Bartlett and Anjou pears...
Pink Lady Apples, Organic Bananas, tangelos




Ruby Red Grapefruit.  This is so sweet it's like eating an orange. 
 

I am thankful to be able to participate in a produce co-op, the savings are astronomical.  The co-op I belong to is called Bountiful Baskets and is in, Arizona, Idaho, Utah and Washington. This is not a CSA, Community Supported Agriculture where participants purchase a membership and receive a share(box or bag) of  the seasonal produce each week throughout the farming season.

Glad to be back, will be posting more frugal tips, finds, and treasures this week.  Be sure to check back for a giveaway coming up this weekend.

ttfn.....


Audra

5 comments:

All My Yesterdays said...

Oh, I'm so sorry about the Migraine attacks. And that I just got here to find out! I've been under the weather with an upper respiratory infection..so they told me today...since last Friday and have done minimal blogging. But what I had is nothing compared to your struggle. I can't even imagine, although I know women friends who have that curse also. And yes, hate, hate, hate drugs, unless it's between your life and someone elses death (O: Anyway, glad we're both getting back to normal..whatever that is.. Have a great rest of the week Audra and enjoy your bountiful harvest!

Mimi said...

Hi Audra!!!!
THAT IS some great looking produce!!! I love avocados!!!! Home made salsa too!!!!
It looks so fresh and yummy!!!
Glad you are starting to feel a little better!!!
hugs,
jamie

Marla at Always Nesting said...

Your fruits and veggies look beautiful. There's nothing better than fresh.

decorator to the stars said...

GLAD YOU'RE FEELING BETTER GIRLIE, I MISSED YOU :) THE PRODUCE MAKES ME READY FOR SUMMER, YOU LUCKY GAL :) GIO

Tara said...

Hi Audra, Thanks for stopping in and visiting my blog. The produce loks so yummy! Isn't blogging great. Going to follow along.
Hugs,
Tara