Thursday, February 25, 2010

Frugal Fashion Friday

Jen over at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam has a post called Frugal Fashionista.  I live for this post, it is one of the great high lights of my Friday, seri..ous..ly!  Jen sports frugal fashions and does it with class!  She invites others to send in their pictures of their thrifty/frugal outfits and she posts those as well.  Her criteria is that the majority of the outfit be thrifted, yard saled, or free. 



Since she has the catchy Frugal Fashionista tag, I just went with Frugal Fashion Friday.  What I would like to show case are my "fashions" found at Garage Sales, Thrift Stores, and Swaps.  Unfortunately I don't have any one to snap my photos on Friday am since I leave so early in the morning.  The Reluctant Teenager and I are working out a deal to have him snap some of me on a weekend or evening so you can see my whole outfit.


I love black, it's a main stay in my wardrobe.  Fly Guy calls it my "urban camo" and he is right.  I feel taller, thinner, more confident when wearing black.  It's just how I am.  I have been trying to introduce some color into my wardrobe.  Seriously, this has been more difficult than it seems, though I did get a compliment the other day on my  "not black" outfit.


Here are a few tops I picked up for just a few dollars each.  
 
Lane Bryant Sheer Shirt, Brand New w/Tags attached.  $3.00.(retailed for $49.50)


Soft Surroundings Sheer Shirt, Brand New w/ Tags $3.00 (retailed for $148.00) Silk!
Woot Woot!

Lane Bryant T Shirt, New w/o tag.  $1.00.  Retail ($29.50)

New w/Tags Apt. 9 Shirt $2.00 (Retail 28.00)
 
New w/o tags Apt. 9 Shirt $3.00.


Over $250.00 worth of new clothes for $12.00.  All purchased at a yard sale...
How is that for a Frugal Score?

On aside note, a co-worker pulled me to the side to tell me that "she" had gotten up on Saturday and went to yard sales and a rummage sale.  She said I inspired her with my out fits and finds.  This woman has never been to a yard sale before, spent $12.00 on two brand new pair of Etienne Aigner sandals, a purse, two tops, three dress pants, a pair of jeans and two outfits for her son.  She was giddy from the thrill of the hunt!  Ladies and Gents, I believe we have a convert!

Happy Treasure Hunting....

Audra


9 comments:

Linda said...

Wow I Love those tops. Great score. Keep it up and hope to see some complete outfits soon.

Audra said...

Definitely. Just got to get the Reluctant Teenager to help me. :)

Beth said...

Love those tops!

Jan @ bobbypinsboardwalk said...

Great finds for such gorgeous tops!

decorator to the stars said...

you sexy little vixen :) gio

Stacey said...

Sounds like you've found some fabulous buys- What fun... And lots of great color to add to your black pants!
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. It's always nice to meet new friends!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

YEa...isn't that SO FUN!! I would have snatched up any of those shirts. They are amazing!!! Couldn't get my FF post up today because my "reluctant" entertainer was still sleeping..LOL. That's what I get for procrastinating with those photos. :) In the next week or two, I'll have another linky party so makes you get one all set to show off and I'll send lots of traffic your way. :)

Anny said...

WOW you got some great deals and converted someone too. Sounds like a win-win situation to me :D

Le Chateau des fleurs said...

WOW, Amazing. Those tops are amazing!!! Good job!