Sunday, January 10, 2010

Saturday Finds

I had a three day weekend this week and was loving every minute of it.  Wish I could work four tens, or cut back to 32 hours so I could have an extra week day to get things done.  


College Diva headed back up to NAU for the spring semester.  I have to tell you, it breaks my heart when she has to leave, I enjoy our time together.  Though this break we really didn't do as much as we have in the past, spent it mostly resting and recouping.


I made a plan to head out to yard sale on Saturday...then decided it was too nice snuggled up next to hubby.  We rarely get time together as he works two jobs and we only have Friday night and Sunday nights to hang out.  


He took me to one of my favorite places to ea on Friday night, Chevy's.  I am addicted to their salsa!  We rarely eat out so this was a real treat for the two of us to have drinks and dinner.  I don't drink often, so when I do I make sure it's something tasty, and the Cadillac Margaritas were yummo!  Probably had a bunch to do with me not getting up early to yard sale!


After hubby went to job #2, I put some things in the back of the car to donate to St. Peter's Thrift Store.  On the way there I found a couple of sales.


Here's what I picked up.


 
Yep.  Rusted Fleur De Lis!  Saw this from my car as I pulled up.  Held my breath (need to stop doing that, before I pass out on someone's drive way)hoping it was in my price range and NOT already sold.


It was attached to this.


Yes, it is mine all mine.  Twelve hard earned dollars later it has a new home.


I headed over to St. Peter's to drop off my donations and picked up a couple more lovelies....




I saw this propped against the fence as I was walking in with donations.  I pried the $7.00 price tag off  and headed in to pay for it.  The lady inside said she took it home but brought it back because it was too long for her space.  Woot Woot!
I am going to paint it a darker sage green, to match my decor.  For now I have it hanging in the kitchen until it finds where it wants to reside.


In the back of the thrift area I spied this lovely on the wall.  Of course, I had to dodge a few bins of records and 8 tracks, push past a few racks of clothes, but she was MINE.  I even stayed horizontal  (this is the thrift store that is carpeted in ASTRO TURF) and didn't have to shove anyone out of my way to get to this.



I love this print.  Renoir: Woman with a cat. I love cats.  Going to put this in my office/sitting room when I get it finished.  So worth the $3.00.


Not too bad of a haul considering I got up late and had no intention of yard saling or thrifting for that matter.


Great use of Christmas cash!


à bientôt, mon amies...

Audra

9 comments:

Linda said...

I must say my favorite is the picture of Lady with the Cat! Love it and well worth $3....also like your other finds. For not planning to yard sale/thrift you did great!

P@nmyfreetime.blogspot.com said...

awesome finds!!!

Libbie said...

You DID have a good weekend! SOunded like fun! My daughter is in kindergarten & I already think about when she goes to college so I can imagine how hard it is!!!

Good deals! & I love that you already know how you are gonna use them...so many times I pick up cute stuff & don't have a thing to do with it :) Good job!

Mimi said...

HI!!!
I also love Chevys!!! That salsa is so good!!! And that corn tamale dessert thing, oh so good!!!!
Great deals!!!!
sorry daughter went back to cold country!!!!
it is always sad
hugs,
jamie

Quilting in My Pyjamas said...

I decided to cut back to 4 days a week four years ago and have never looked back. It was just not worth the extra money to me to spend that day at work when here were so many other things I wantd to be doing. Now my day off is a "me" day.

Love. Love. Love that mirror. If you ever get sick of it you can send it my way!

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Love your topiary. What a great find. I would have bought that in a minute too. All of your treasures are wonderful. Hugs, Marty

Liz said...

Lucky! You always find the best things, love it! =)~Liz

jen said...

i cracked up at your holding your breath and passing out comment! i can relate! and what a find - love how you showed just the top and then the great find all together -- so suspenseful! ha!
have a great day!

Betty said...

I've spent the entire afternoon reading your posts...so much fun!

I have this picture...I think she's a beautiful lady and I know she's nice because she likes cats!

Blessings...Betty