Wednesday, December 9, 2009

O' Christmas Tree

This year in an effort to simply my life and downsize to a manageable chaos , I gifted my 9 ft tree and went with a free to me 6 1/2  ft tree. At first I was hesitant, though this smaller tree is growing on me.




I used the ornaments I had from my previous years trees, ivory poinsetta, glittered pine cones, green mistletoe picks and muted gold and sage green balls.  




Imagine my surprise and absolute joy when I opened the boxes of decorations to find new ornaments I picked up last year at Target's 75 and 90 % off sales!  It was like shopping all over again! Dark bronze birds, glittery gold leaf picks and gold beaded picks.  




I use to change out the theme of my main tree every year, until four or five years ago when I decided to stick with green, gold and ivory.  I add to it now and then when I find something that catches my eye. What a change from when I use to decorate three trees!  Simplify, Simplify, Simplify!





Christmas tree skirt...found at a yard sale three weeks ago for $5.00.  I love the greens, golds and reds...how perfect since I am introducing red into my Christmas decor!
 




Headed to Northern Arizona tomorrow afternoon to pick up College Diva and two friends to bring them back home.  Thrilled to have my little girl home for the holidays!

I am following Rhoda at Southern Hospitality Home for the Holidays Party.  Be sure to head over and see her lovely home and all the others who have joined in!

Joyeux Noel!

Audra

14 comments:

Beth said...

Your tree is so pretty! I'm with you on the simplifying...trying to put that into practice at my house. Enjoy your time with your daughter :)

Blondie said...

Great photos honey! Thanks for the sweet comments on my Mockingbird post. I can't believe you have a signed 1st edition! I would kill for that! What a treasure. Have a great Thursday. Kori xoxo

Natasha said...

I love the decorations. We have only got a 6ft tree and I love mine.

How fun to find those forgotten decorations!

Best wishes, Natasha.

Tara said...

STUNNING!!!

Love the Decor! said...

Beautiful tree!! I am trying to live by the "simplify" motto too!!
Enjoy your time with your daughter!!

BonjourRomance said...

Bonjour Audra!
Your tree is beautiful, especially the huge white poinsettia topping it all off. Its a great idea - to simplify - concentrating all that is really important while still enjoying beautiful things.
Have a wonderful day!

Aubrey said...

Thanks for sharing your tree =) I love the ivory flowers! Lovely tree skirt! I say less is ALWAYS more:) Good day to you!

Sue said...

The first thing I saw on this tree was the bronze ribbon- you had me there! I love the color scheme and the glitter. What a pretty tree skirt you found at such a thrifty price.

Rue said...

Your tree is beautiful and your new skirt was a great find! I can't believe it only cost $5!

rue

The Queen of Clearance. said...

it looks great! My tree is a 6.5 foot one too, and I love it! Its perfect for the space we have!

Marla at Always Nesting said...

Finally, I have time to browse and enjoy your blog. :) We, too, are going with a smaller tree this year, and are forgoing real for artificial (we think) just because we travel so much now, it's so nice to (1) Not spend a fortune and (2)Put up and take down at our convenience. Can't wait to get the rest of my stuff up. Horrible that it's already so late in the month....and I'm only half way done with my home.

Love all your decor. That mirror is fabulous. I love mirrors also.I just go crazy over good deals, like you. I'm the lady in Home Goods squealing over a treasure.

Sorry for the essay here. Hugs, Marla

Anne~fiona and twig said...

Now THAT is a beautiful tree! And what a great find that tree skirt was, wow!
Lovely blog, so nice to meet you!
Anne

Little Lovables said...

it's so pretty! many of my ornaments also come from clearance sales after christmas, love it!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Audra, I'm late getting around, but what a gorgeous tree you have put up! Love the bronze tones & how exciting to get all that last year for so cheap. Love that thrifty tree skirt too. Thanks for joining!