Monday, December 7, 2009

Finally decorating for Christmas....

 It seems I have been running behind the past three months, something keeps coming up getting in the way of my decorating for the holidays. 


Quick trip to Hobby Lobby to pick up a few greenery and berry picks to make a couple of arangements for my entryway table.  Not finished with the rest of the decor yet, still working on this, but I wanted to share how these turned out!


I purchased these urns three or so years ago at a consignment shop for $12.00 for the  pair.  I have defintely gotten my money worth out of these.  The fruit was a 90% Hobby Lobby fall clearance find.  I snatch up fruit in shades of red, gold, yellows and greens as I use this theme in my French country inspired kitchen and we know that fruit is always a good thing!  I paid .24 for each pick with a fruit, pear or apple.  I bought 12 !  Originally $2.47 each, it's like getting twelve for less than the price of two!  Say it with me....FRUGAL SCORE!

I purchased the greenery today for a $1.00 a pick, I can't seem to locate my box with the garland and greenery picks I had previously...hmm... I wonder if I gave it away (gasp!). The ivy was a free to me from a friend.  I will be putting ribbon on the urns later tonight...


I also found these frosted red berries for 3 for $1.00.  I love these, I think I have had them in every color imaginable over the years. 



The cloth is actually a dark red velvet wrap that I picked up at Savers for $2.99!  This baby is heavvvy!  I use scarfs, fabric remnants, and lace for table runners, dresser scarves, and on occasion a wrap!  I could never have afforded to purchase the fabric to make a runner, this is high quality fabric.  I keep my eyes open everywhere I go, you just never know what you might find.  I priced this type of fabric today, it was $35.00 a yard on sale!  There has to be two yards in this wrap!  Score again!
Sorry for the flash in the mirror...
No easy way to photograph the mirrors is there?
Here's Reluctant Teenagers attempt...
 

The red candle holders I found at a yard sale two years ago and used in the decorating for my wedding.  I found them in the garage...brought them out for the Holidays, since I have decided to incorporate red into the decorating theme this year.





I think I paid three dollars for these new in the box.  Don't you just love yard sales?



The mirror was found at the Episcopal church thrift store for $3.00.  It is wood with Made in Italy stamped on the back.  Now you know why I nearly knocked over those ladies to get to it!  Uh,  you can revisit that story here. I think it is safe to say  I have a slight obsession love for mirrors.  Sorry for the flash, I just wanted you to see the curves and flourishes this beauty has. 


Headed to start the tree, will be back soon to share the results.  Still working on the manger, it is a work in progress.

Linking up with Between Naps on the Porch: Metamorphosis Monday 





Ta-Ta For Now, Mes Amies!

Audra

8 comments:

BonjourRomance said...

Bonjour Audra!
I love urns - inside and in the garden. I think they are so elegant. You did a fantastic job with this arrangement, the mirror is great.
Have a great week!

Melissa Miller said...

Made In Italy? Oh my goodness how awesome is that! It's absolutely stunning along with your urns, runner and pretty red candleholders. ~Lovely job Audra! :)

Liz said...

Just lovely, Audra...very elegant! I also like the mirror a lot too.

Thank you for the nice comment on my daughters. *smile*

I hope you have a fabulous week!

Big ((Hugs))

Liz

junkdreams said...

Great decorating so far!!!
Happy day.
xojanis

Rhonda in OK said...

looks great, Audra
and I hope you have some nice, quiet "normal" days to get caught up.

Mimi said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!

Perhaps said...

What a beautiful vignette. Your florals are beautiful, and I LOVE the mirror and vases. Beautiful.

Aubrey said...

I love your Urns, beautiful mirror too! I was just looking at vases similar to those recently! I LOVE candles! Much love to you~aubrey