Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Learning to Adapt

Life is always sending unexpected curve balls our way, learning to adapt is a crucial skill in motherhood.   I am always learning to adapt.  ALWAYS. Trying to find a solid footing in the slippery slope of life.  Today is no different, after surviving the emergency appendectomy, secondary infection and trying to get back to health, my daughter is back in the hospital with another infection, not able to hold any fluids down and severe abdominal cramps.  Ruled out Gall Bladder, so we are waiting to see what the doctor thinks.  


My inner decorator is remaking this drab room into a posh environment.  I think the surroundings are crucial to the recovery, both mental and physical.  Although the large picture window provides a panoramic scene of the San Francisco Peaks and the Flagstaff pines.  


Hoping to get back to blogging and sharing my finds.  Reminding myself that all things pass and one day we will look back on this and laugh...cringe.


Ta Ta For Now.

Audra

6 comments:

Anny said...

My prayers are with your daughter.

Rhonda in OK said...

Hello Audra
Your family has certainly had a lot to deal with and I am so sorry! Hope DD is healthy very soon and you can get back to "normal life"

Swapna Raghu Sanand said...

Life is always sending me the same unexpected curve balls to deal with and I too am trying hard to find a balanced footing. Loved your post.

Hope you blog more often and take care of everything that's been getting difficult at your end.

Chari said...

Hi Audra...

My friend, I was coming over to thank you for recently adding Happy To Design to your list of blog follows...only to see that you have been very busy with a sick daughter! I'm so sorry to hear that she has had so many health problems as of late...I sure will say a prayer for her! I know that you have your hands full at the present but just wanted to let you know that I have added your delightful blog to my list of blogs to follow as well! I look forward to getting to know you!

Sending my very best wishes and prayers your family's way, my friend!

Chari @Happy To Design

REbekah said...

oh no, Audra!!! I am so sorry to hear this. sneding you and your daughter hugs and prayers!

Kimberly said...

Audra,
Thank you for stopping by my blog...I can tell that you've been very busy! I am so glad that your daughter is on the mend! Bless you both..