Sunday, November 8, 2009

I have been given an Award!

Imagine my surprise and extreme joy to be nominated for a blog award.  Deb at Proper Prim paid me the nicest compliment by nominating me, I can't tell you how over the moon I am!  What a kind and wonderful thing to do.... She says that my finds make her "wipe the drool off her chin".  I tell you that is a fantastic compliment in my book!  I love Deb and her site is amazing, what she does with her finds, it's nothing short of creative genius! Thank you Deb for thinking of me....I am touched.


[Kreativ+Blogger+Award.jpg]


Here are the "Rules":




1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people may not know.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each.


Seven things about me that you do not know...and may be afraid to find out!


1. I am afraid  TERRIFIED of Snakes. Enough said.


2. I "rocked" a Red Wedding Dress when I got married on 7/7/07.  Yes, A REAL wedding dress by Alfred Angelo in Ruby. 


3  I collect movies.  I own LOTS AND LOTS of movies.  I love action, historical, romantic, comedy, crime, tv series, etc.  I Do Not do... horror, slasher, gore type of films.  I love them so much I ask for movies as gifts, pick them up at yard sales, etc.  Love, love, love movies.  It's shameless how many I own.


4. I have always loved yard sales, rummage sales and thrift store.  Every since I was a small child when someone would ask me where I got something I would say "At the Rummage Sale", it didn't matter if it was bought new, or made for me.  Everything came from the rummage sale! 


5. I found my house at a yard sale.  Seriously. ( I will tell the story another time)



6. While most little girls wanted to be a ballerina when they grew up, I wanted to be a vampire.


7. I have an obsession with Dr. G Medical Examiner.  I love to watch this show, I usually figure out what the person died from before the show reveals it.  Maybe I should have been a medical examiner.  (PS...I do the same thing with BONES...)


Now you are enlightened, check out my 7 nominees...


There are so many great blogs out there hard to pick just seven.  I hope you will check these blogs out.


1 Diary of an Army Wife ... Aubrey is an amazing person, she has a wonderful knack for saying just the right thing when she leaves you a comment.   She and her family are living a slow year, buying nothing retail beside groceries.  She inspires me to look beyond and deeper into myself and my creativity. 


2.The Pleasures of Homemaking...   Manuela is a great inspiration for decorating on a frugal budget.  Her tutorials are easy to follow and her advice is just like having a best friend/sister who digs the same things you do


3.Savvy Season By Liz ... Liz showcases her lovely home and her decorating hints and tips for the seasons.  I am in love with her kitchen!


4.Love the Decor.. Debbie is an amazing woman who shares our love of decorating.  A self proclaimed homebody who is a people person, loves to snuggle up with a good book...her eye for detail is fantastic.  She is warm and kind hearted, it flows from her blog.  You will be inspired.


5.REal Ideas... Rebekah's tag line reads RE-Use, RE-Make, RE-Decorate, RE-Purpose...You Get The Idea.  She is full of super frugal crafts and redo's with very little money.  Check out her acorn tutorial, simple, elegant and oh-so-beautiful!




6.  Home With A Smile... Rhonda loves a bargain and is always looking for ways to beautify her surroundings.  She always leaves the nicest comments.


7. Our First Home... Follow Annette as she decorates her first home.  She has some amazing frugal finds and what she does with them is nothing short of AMAZING!


Wow, that was a bit harder than I thought.  I follow and am followed by wonderful people, it was hard to pick seven.  Check these blogs out, you will not be disappointed, I promise you.  All of these ladies have something special to add to your life.

Ta-Ta For Now...


Audra


11 comments:

Annette said...

Hi Audra! Thank you so much for the nomination and for all of your nice comments! It cracked me up when you said that you found your house at a garage sale!

Beth said...

I would LOVE to see pictures of you in the RED wedding dress! My first marriage I wanted to wear a RED dress and I let everybody talk me out of it. It wasn't the 'right' thing to do. Oh well. I had to settle for red as an accent color.

Liz said...

Hi Audra,

Congratulations on your lovely award, you completely deserve it. I love, love, love your blog!

Wow, and what a surprise and honor to be nominated by you, thank you so much! *smile* I will display the button proudly on my sidebar. :)

I can't wait to hear the story of how you found your house, sounds interesting. =)

Lots of ((Hugs)) & Love,

Liz

The Pleasures of Homemaking said...

Hi Audra,

You such a sweetie! First congratulations on the award. Thank you so much for nominating me and the lovely things you said about my blog! I appreciate it! I'll display it on my sidebar.

You'll have to tell about finding your house at a yardsale! That sounds like a good story!

Manuela

Love the Decor! said...

Audra you are so very kind!!
Thank you so much for the award and your kind words
Congrats to you on winning this award too:)

The Queen of Clearance. said...

your just so sweet! Dontcha just loving getting awards?

aubrey said...

What a sweetie! Thank you so much! My first award! I'll post mine tomorrow, as I got two sickies on hand tonight. Just wanted to let you know how thrilled I was to get your comment! Thank you for always leaving comments. They make my day! Oh! And I would LOVE to see the red wedding dress! AND I so dig Dr. G Medical Examiner. When I worked third shift in the Alzheimer's unit, I would watch it every night! Too bad I can't pop over there for movie night! Have a fabulous week!

silk purse said...

CONGRATS ON YOUR AWARD!.., i AM ABSOLTELY DELIGHTED TO HAVE DISCOVERED YOUR LOVELY BLOG!

DO FEEL MOST WELCOME TO POP BY TO MY LITTLE CORNER OF THE BLOGGING WORLD!.., EVEN IF YOU ARE BUSY THIS WEEK, ( AND AREN'T WE ALL THESE DAYS)!; I WANT TO WARMLY INVITE YOU TO VISIT ME AT THE PLUMED PEN BLOG, FOR MY LITTLE TUESDAY TEA FOR TWO, BLOG TEA PARTY..,

( KINDLY ALSO LEAVE A WEE COMMENT SO THAT I WILL KNOW YOU POPPED BY.., I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR YOUR THOUGHTS AS A VERY CREATIVE PERSON AS TO WHICH BLOG "BUTTON" WOULD BE YOUR FAV FOR MY NEXT,"TUESDAY TEA FOR TWO" BLOG PARTY; (THIS "BUTTON"/ LITTLE IMAGE, IS INTENDED FOR FOLKS who wish to participate,TO POSSIBLY DOWNLOAD TO PUT ON THEIR BLOGS SIDEBAR..,

CHEERS FROM SILKEN PURSE

Room to Inspire said...

Congrats on the award!

Chelsea

Swapna Raghu Sanand said...

Congrats, I just stumbled on your blog for the first time and loved being here. Great posts. You deserve the award, keep writing.

The Queen of Fifty Cents said...

Can't wait to hear the story of a house found at a yard sale! Hope you got it for fifty cents. ;o) So glad your daughter is better too.