Friday, November 13, 2009

Home Again, Home Again....

Thank you all for your kind words and prayers for my daughter's recovery, after several days in the hospital, countless tests, no conclusions... It was decided to run a Hida Scan.   A Hida Scan is used for evaluating the liver, gallbladder, and biliary system is called the Hepatobiliary (HIDA) scan. This scan demonstrates not only liver function, but also the function of the gallbladder. It is commonly used to diagnose abnormal function of the gallbladder.

It was found at this time that my daughters gall bladder had failed.  A normal functioning gall bladder will empty 85 to 95% of the bile, while College Diva's was only emptying 7% retaining 93 %.  This was causing the spasms and terrible attacks.  I wanted to run down to the ER Dept and point my finger in the face of the nurse that was so cocky and mean hearted to us, saying "I told you that her gall bladder was malfunctioning!"  His whole demeanor was despicable the entire day we were there.  He kept telling me...."Her gall bladder looks FINE, no stones.  Are you sure this isn't a case of wanting to get out of school?"  UGH.  Jerk!


So, the College Diva is one of those rare individuals who has one organ fail and another less than two weeks later.  Thankful that this is over, she has had surgery yesterday and we are home.  She is feeling so much better, I am thrilled to be home, although it looks like the men were able to fend for themselves, leaving the aftermath for me to clear/clean up.


A mother's work is never done....  I am hoping to get back to blogging and catching up on all of your blogs!



Thank you again for the sweet comments and wonderful prayers sent our way.  We treasure them and keep you all close to our hearts.


ttfn....


Audra

5 comments:

Annette said...

Hi Audra. I wish your daughter a speedy and full recovery. I am so sorry about that horrible experience with that nurse and I hope that your subsequent encounters will be much more pleasant. Thank you so much for your warm words of encouragment. I hope to be crafting again very soon.

Mimi said...

Audra, thanks for the update on CD. Gosh, glad that they found out what was causing her the pain and that it has been taken care of. Wishing her a super speedy, uneventful recovery.

Tara said...

so happy to hear that she is going to be okay now! i had a similar situation back in 2006 with my gallbladder. they accused me of wanting attention. turns out i was in liver failure b/c of my gallbladder and had less than 48 hours to live if it wasn't removed. it's very hard to trust a medical professional after that!

Natasha said...

What a terrible time you have all had. I am so glad to hear that a solution was found and that your daughter is alright.
Thanks for coming to visit me at my blog and for "following"-I have signed up to follow you too.
Best wishes and nice to "meet" you!
Natasha.

silk purse said...

My oh my!.., Thank God CD is alright! I wish I could say that the doctors and nurses always know best; yet we know they are woefully human!~ Thank goodness you people "stuck to your guns",so to speak, and insisted on the help that she needed!

Folks in my immediate family, (including me), have been nigh unto death, save for the grace of God due to medical carelessness and errors; (and I am being "kind".., You dear folks, as well as we, could certainly sadly say much worse and it would all be true!

Thank you dear lady for also becoming a follower of my Silken Purse blog!..,

Cheers, hugs and continued prayers from Silken Purse